If a person suspends school and reports to conscription office

…how soon would they be inducted?

the linked pages might give you some idea, but basically you will get most probable info from your local conscription office.

4 Likes

Thanks again for your information Tando.

It really depends. The health check phase can take up to 18 months if you have certain conditions that need to be tested several times. Also, is the conscript facing alternative service, substitute service, or regular service? There are only a certain number of camps per year and if you miss the one for you it can potentially be a few months wait.

Best advice I could give would be to continue to enjoy life as normal. The notices will come when the notices come. Trying to guess when and working your life around that is quite depressing and anxiety-inducing based on my experience :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks. Yeah quite a few factors. As @tando suggested…the conscription office gave many details. The school military officer also.

So my son has taken this route.
He’s notified his conscription office and now it’s just wait for the notice to go for the physical and then after that for the Lucky Draw to find out his branch.
It’s just one civilian at the conscription window in the government office and she says they know nothing of schedules…maybe a few weeks, maybe September, maybe longer as many people are waiting in line. Just wait.
Due to such an unknown schedule it required a suspension of 2 semesters to be able to take this route.

for someones information

students can apply for conscription separated in two summer vacations. not sure how it will be when they should serve for a year.

Men who are studying at a junior college level or above apply for military training for military service in separate stages

1 Like

Somehow my son missed a deadline on applying for that and apparently it’s on a space available basis as well.
Another thing is if one takes military classes in HS and University they can knock days off their time. My son got 5 days credit from HS but his Uni didn’t open the military classes during his first semester.