If it’s raining tomorrow, ideas for a couples day out...?

It’s probably gonna be a little rainy tomorrow in Taipei, but Saturday is the only day we both have off so need to do something. Don’t mind being outside in the rain a bit, but would prefer something indoors.

Any ideas?

Check out the palatial Taipei Guest House. Take many pictures together.

Looks really nice but apparently it’s not open tomorrow

Thought it was open this weekend. Lemme see then…

EDIT
Ah. It opens Sunday 24th and the 31st.

The rose garden at the Expo Park?

Hot springs outing at Beitou or Wulai?

Cherry blossom spotting? That temple over Tamsui is in full bloom.

Bowling is always a fun activity to do on rainy days.

Other things include… Inside amusement park, department store/mall shopping trip, taking in a movie at the local theater. Tons of things to do.

1 Like

FYI

Historic #Taipei Guest House is open to the public 0800-1600 March 31. Come & see this magnificent example of #Baroque-style architecture & jewel in the crown of #Taiwan’s diplomacy. https://goo.gl/cFeGcE

2 Likes

That is quite literally the worst website ever. There’s Albanian websites from the 1970’s that are more user friendly than that abomination.

Oh, come on. There are much worse Taiwanese sites than that. Like this one:

http://dict.revised.moe.edu.tw/cbdic/

You have to click through a couple pages before you can even look up a word, and it’s ugly as sin.

What’s wrong with a movie and a meal somewhere? Taiwan is also a hot country in the summer so there should be all kinds of activities to do. If you haven’t been in Taiwan for too long, maybe a museum and your date can have fun explaining things to you. If you guys like to workout, there are gyms and swimming pools all over the place. And then there’s ice skating at Taipei Arena. Probably some great music if you like the pub and meal date.

Why are they so bad though? With all that STEM talent…

Icon’s one, you click on a picture, the picture comes up and then you can only go back to the homescreen. There’s no clickthrough.

No emphasis on user experience. Zero fcuks given.

It is a typical gummit website. And ours is worse…

Movie: 300 per person plus snacks.
Dinner: 300 per person

Plus it gets old soon. And you still have the rest of the day. And you have to agree on what to see, which may or may not be easy. And you cannot do that every weekend.

Of course, if you ask me, rainy days are meant to stay indoors, in bed, in good company… as long as you have enough subtenance in the fridge.

You can get VIP or reduced priced tickets or watch second run movies. But you are in Taiwan, dimmit, you have to take advantage of the experience.

Ice skating is like 400 a pop, right?

I don’t know. That reminds me. I promised my kids we’d go.

I was good at it… back when I was a kid…

What about skating ? :innocent:

1 Like

How can I get faster lap times besides braking later in the corners which is unreliable?

That is a complex question, depending on the track, conditions, car configuration and driver capabilty.:grinning: I also charge a lot to teach people :innocent: Trail braking is worth checking out BTW

IMG_20190330_163832

Bike trail