If there was a show called "expats" and it took place in Taiwan

Describe what the characters would be like and what kind of things would happen in the episodes.

2 Likes

A bartender called Moe who owns a messy bar with only 5 regulars…

5 Likes

The worst type of degenerate oafish ……

Visit Forumosa Lounge and you will know!

4 Likes

Crusher and BigDave walk into the bar.
Everybody else walks out (an olldie but a goodie).

2 Likes

SHHH! That’s our secret area! Don’t tell the peasants I mean members!

(kidding)

1 Like

A middle aged guy goes to work and comes home and cooks dinner or maybe gets takeout or goes out for dinner with their spouse?

Then sits on sofa to watch TV or read, cat in lap.

Sounds riveting.

6 Likes

No one “watches TV” anymore do they?

1 Like

Um … is there a better phrase for “turn on Apple TV box or Roku thing-a-ma-bob and TV and watch something from Netflix / Disney+ / Apple TV+ / Amazon Prime / Twitch / Plex / YouTube / my video library”? That doesn’t quite roll off the tongue as well as “watch TV.”

The Lost Soul - came to Taiwan for a gap year, ended up staying 16 years. with no real education or professional background is doomed to stay a buxiban teacher, an alcoholic in the making, spends most of his money on beer.

The Dark One - on the outside is a successful foreigner, but harbors a dark secret. Originally from Slovenia, he is staying here and teaching illegally.

The Frustrated Hua Qiao - Being of Asian origin is constantly mistaken for a local. complains that there are no good bagels in Xinyi.

The love struck foreigner - still thinks in USD and thinks everything here is cheap and so nice… his ignorance of social clues leads to embrassing moments.

The entitled ABC - entitled prick, likes to tell people he manages an invetment firm, but actually manages the family money from a tofu factory in Guandong.

17 Likes

Dude comes from England, but can’t speak nor write a word of English. Gets a job teaching English. Tattoos his face and starts petrol-bombing sidewalks.

18 Likes

An asshole, an idiot, a bullshitter, a drunk and a cheater.

With a lot of overlapping of personalities xD

1 Like

Yeah… who could believe that?

2 Likes

The sofa is red. It’s always red.

1 Like

Have you been speaking to my ex?

3 Likes

I suspect many in Taiwan have the same “ex”, but I think we are connected by at least 3 degrees or more. I think!

3 Likes

I was thinking of my Morrocan ex, not my Taiwanese. The Taiwanese ex and I are good friends now.

2 Likes

A lot of drinking in or in front of 7.

4 Likes

And fighting in front of 7. Don’t forget middle aged men rolling around on the floor after a heated political debate got personal.

3 Likes

Would it be this iconic though?

2 Likes