Ignore not working

So you don’t waste time replying to them?

1 Like

Oh, the mental torture… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Why would they be talking to you if they had you on ignore?

Who said they would be talking to you if they had you on ignore? Presumably they still post, and presumably you would still see those posts, and presumably you’d still be inclined to respond to such posts from time to time.

2 Likes

I see! That could be a waste of time I guess, but other people can read them and maybe even respond to them, so all is not lost.

2 Likes

All is not lost, but any time asking the person for more information or clarification, or time spent arguing against the position in the hopes of a response, or even a change of opinion, are lost.

What’s the downside to knowing who has you on ignore?

Could be polite and ask if you can ignore.

Sorry @fyyreu I not happy with your posts would you mind awfully I ignore your posts from settings.

You’ll learn, or you won’t, I suppose. :idunno:

1 Like

I dont buy your waisting time argument, i think it’s just vanity wanting to know who is ignoring you.
It can also end up taking over threads for example,

A, @jibeiwbfd has put me on ignore because of XYZ.
B, no they ignored you because you’re a moron.
A, you’re a moron too, (put on ignore).
C, you ignored B and they are good people, i will ignore you in support.

It ends up no one can talk to each other, we invade Facebook and annex WhatsApp .

Just like real life, if someone decides to ignore you, there’s not much you can do about that.
Most of times you won’t even know it.

4 Likes

I’ve ignored people then forgotten why I ignored them so will reply to them anyway.

2 Likes

This sounds like a metaphor for life…

1 Like

OK, but it remains a fact, whether or not you believe it and whether or not it effects everyone.

I personally don’t care who’s ignoring me. I’m not even arguing for inclusion of such a feature. I just answered a question…and then the follow up questions.

We aren’t allowed to talk about who we’re ignoring, so I’d imagine we wouldn’t be allowed to talk about who’s ignoring us either. Phew!

Maybe there is, maybe there isn’t, but we’ll never know. Our software overlords have not made that option available.

2 Likes

Are you saying that you, as a member of the Grand Order of High Panjadrams of Forumosa, Lords of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas, Conquerors of the Acheron Empire in Hyboria in General and Cimmeria in Particular can’t do anything about that?
:noway:

2 Likes

It’s almost like @GooseEgg started the site as a teenager. I love it.

1 Like

There’s always a man faster on the draw than you are, and the more you use a gun, the sooner you’re gonna run into that man – Wyatt Earp, “Gunfight at the OK Corral”, 1957

What can I say? I’m young at heart

4 Likes

Perhaps people can just ignore the old fashioned way? Never understood the need for a function to not care about something haha.

It’s easy, watch: