IKEA Dunhua in Taipei closed on 26 April 2021 - reopened but no furniture

No it’s not. It’s quick cheap convenient furniture. If I’m going to spend all day dreaming about furniture (who does that?), it’s at least going to be nice furniture, not quick cheapie particle board fastened with an Allen wrench.

It’s also other smaller home goods. It’s a great place to quickly grab kitchen utensils, for example. Not if you have to take a trip out to the burbs.

3 Likes

[quote=“Rzarobbie, post:36, topic:204027, full:true”] Ikeas delivers dont they?
[/quote]

Of course! Always get delivery and assembly. That’s part of what makes it quick and convenient. The other part, however, is being able to get to the store quickly and get in and out quickly.

Why does it matter to me which branch they deliver it from if it’s the same product at the same price?

1 Like

They do not have the same items in every store, and it can be difficult to have it delivered from another store.

I just laugh when you call ikea quick and convenient
Women in the United States make a day trip for ikea shopping its time consuming.
I staged my 3 bedroom 1300 sq ft house with ikea stuffs. It took me 6 hours to order(2 hours driving) and pick in store (spent 5k usd) then 24 hours total of assembling.
It was delivered for 29usd and returned to store for 59usd. Im pro ikea , but i never like the dunhua store if others did love it its fine. Im not angry different stokes for different folks.

With a heavy fee… i would request no fee

Oh, I’m well aware that IKEA isn’t quick and convenient in the US. That’s why I never shopped there when I lived in the US. I’m just disappointed to see IKEA Taiwan appearing to move more toward that model.

2 Likes

I hate IKEA. They make you walk around for hours so that you impulse-shop. You go to get a coat hanger, and five hours later you’re paying NT$5000 for a whole pile of crap you don’t need.
They have good food, though. But you need to walk through the spoons, beds, curtains, lamps and spatulas to get to it.

3 Likes

Taiwanese really dig ikea food , maybe foreigners also. In the u s of a only people that are starving or feeding kidsever eat at their restaurant. But in tw its destination dining. I think its funny… and yes i got ice cream :icecream: once in tw im a vegetarian so the menu is automatically offsetting

I wasn’t referring to their restaurant food. I like a lot of their frozen stuff.

Its ok jimi i was talking about the restaurant food. Not frozen or dry food. Hope thats ok

For sure if you always get delivery. But I like to go and get items as I need them, otherwise why go at all, just order it online…

Maybe the difference between men and women haha

Lol. You make it sound as if they’re putting a gun to your head as you enter …

I love Ikea and the Dunhua store as well. It was so convenient to pick out stuff you like and have it delivered and assembled. Furnished my entire house minus electric appliances.

1 Like

What they sell at their restaurant is actually mostly what they have frozen too.

1 Like

So I went to IKEA Dunhua today because, after months of trying to figure out a way to have literally any kitchen counter space, I decided one of those carts that everyone loves would be a good way to move my coffee maker and electric kettle and misc seasonings and whatnot off my precious counter space.

DEAR.LORD.

It was like Black Friday only there weren’t even any worth-while sales. To be clear, some stuff was on sale, but not to any degree worth crowding into that space. Basically, there was just 10x the usual number of people stopping everywhere with empty carts. I guess if you’re in the mood for floor models of things, they’ll be getting rid of all of it, probably at lower and lower prices, but right now it is just a million people all trying to do their Saturday afternoon window shopping together.

5 Likes

Was actually thinking to head there tomorrow. So you’d recommend a midweek trip instead then? :sweat_smile:

Maybe if you go really early in the morning?

My experience with Costco has always been hell on the weekends and glorious emptiness on weekdays, even in the evening. I’m not sure if those patterns apply to a downtown, right off the MRT Ikea store that is closing. Maybe go at like 9 a.m. on Tuesday?

2 Likes

I just released there’s a new yellow line now. That ikea used to be only accessible via bus.

The Orange Line has been open for 10 years already.

2 Likes