Illegal work or working illegally

Check out this crap in the Taipei times.

She is married to a Taiwanese and doesn’t need a work permit, right?!

She was doing illegal work, selling fake clothes, but not working illegally.

[quote]Illegal Labor
Chinese woman busted
A Chinese woman married to a Taiwanese man was taken into custody yesterday in downtown Kaohsiung for working illegally, according to law enforcement authorities. The woman was discovered to be working illegally when Kaohsiung police raided a shop allegedly selling bootleg brand-name clothing. Police said they found nearly 2,400 counterfeit pairs of brand-name jeans and other items of clothing. The haul is believed to have a street value of around NT$25 million (US$749,000). The woman, surnamed Tan, 40, is from Hunan province. She was working at the store as a saleswoman. She was taken along with the shop owner to a nearby police station for questioning. Tan did not have a work permit and police said that she will be deported soon.
[/quote]

She’s ever lower than the rest of us barbarian foreigners, she’s Chinese. She’s not allowed to work at all. Same as me when I worked illegally, couldn’t get a work permit, even though I was married to a Taiwanese.
Something doesn’t make sense, I thought all Chinese women were prostitutes according to the TT and DPP?
I can see nothing newsworthy in this story, all it says that the police found someone working without an work permit (there’s no other way to work). Must be the only illegal worker then to make the news. So why is there a problem letting Chinese people work ?

What is this crap about splitting up families ? Second time this week in the news they’ve deported someone’s spouse.

Wait, I don’t get it. I thought ALL spouses of Taiwanese Nationals were granted work rights in Taiwan. No need for an OWP or any permit of any kind.

So, does this NOT apply to Mainland Chinese. They are spouses, aren’t they?

This causes concern for me. What if they suddenly decide it doesn’t apply to Southern hemishere residents because they suspect we may have had sex with sheep and carry something that could destroy Taiwanese livestock.

[quote=“Bassman”]Wait, I don’t get it. I thought ALL spouses of Taiwanese Nationals were granted work rights in Taiwan. No need for an OWP or any permit of any kind.

So, does this NOT apply to Mainland Chinese. They are spouses, aren’t they?[/quote]Apparently not, the same way as foreigners are not humans, and hence not covered by human rights in Taiwan.

[quote]This causes concern for me. What if they suddenly decide it doesn’t apply to Southern hemishere residents because they suspect we may have had sex with sheep and carry something that could destroy Taiwanese livestock.[/quote]You’re buggered, just like the sheep.