I'm a Filipina student in Taiwan

These are questions best asked before they made a baby. It won’t be easy, but having a child at 20 isn’t that crazy. My mom had me at 21 immigrating here from Korea and my dad just finished trade school after the army.

4 Likes

indeed.

the young taiwanese father also could choose not to acknowledge.

A worse scenario for the mother would be if he acknowledge but delays marriage, the baby becomes a citizen, the mother leaves the baby in the paternal grandparents’ care and leaves the country, the grandparents convince the father to refuse to get married, and the mother is in an expensive international custody battle. Probably won’t happen, but best to avoid the possibility.

5 Likes

Be nice, Hanna. :no_no:

5 Likes

4 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: .filipinastudentaccusations

Yes, it really is. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I’m not. I think they both fail to understand the consequences of bringing a child into the world in their circumstances.

You make me laugh. In Taiwan, 20-year-olds are basically children. Especially only sons. :rofl:

10 Likes

I also agree that in Taiwan lots of people in their twenties are not mature.

My wife knows two girls mid twenties, who had children they left with their parents so they can have a worry free life, spending their money on traveling and partying. One didn’t marry and separated. The other married young and divorced. :man_shrugging:
I feel sorry for the kids.

1 Like

I appreciate your sentiment, but it’s just not very reality-based. Saying it doesn’t make it so, especially when it comes to Taiwan’s little princes.

And yes, abortion is always an option.

2 Likes

Thank you for saying that.

Actually that is the most likely scenario. Especially if it is a boy. Better go back to Filipinas, secure rights…And do not come here where she will be treated as a second class citizen at the mercy of the in-laws.

Even after marriage, they need a DNA test to prove the kid is his before he can register as his own. But the man has NO legal obligations for giving economic support, married or single. If you try fighting this, the authorities will take the kid away.

Time as a student does not count towards residency, married does but then assets come into play and Taiwanese are great at hiding them. So getting your APRC as a foreign spouse from SEA will meet lots of obstacles.

So think this over very carefully. Protect yourself and your child.

2 Likes

Thank you so much your responses. Each is highly-valued. They are all helpful, gave me wisdom. Thank you

I believe you can get a JFRV from bearing a Taiwanese child, could be wrong though.

I think you got the answers to the legal and visa-related issues. I suggest leaving forever and/or discussing this with other Filipinos because, as you can see above, some here can get napaka bastos.

napaka bastos, ngunit sobrang tapat !!

Honest doesn’t always mean right, po.

1 Like

I see this happening for sure. Taiwanese are like Koreans, in that respect. They’ve both got major superiority complexes, especially when it comes to SE Asians.

Saw the way the Korean tourists (esp the men, jfc) treat the Viet natives in HCMC and it pissed me off to no end.

1 Like

This is an official warning.

Posts insinuating that the OP is some kind of evil temptress or con artist have been removed. No further posts of that nature will be tolerated. :man_judge:

Also, if you wish to discuss the (im)maturity of Taiwanese men and/or the (im)morality, as opposed to legality, of abortion, please do so in another thread.

Thank you. :rainbow:

10 Likes