I'm Cold And This Weather Blows

Is that Baiji in Wanli, north TAiwan? Cuz I lived there and yup, it sure does get REAL COLD. My cats spent entire days in a llaundry basket, covered with wool sweaters and only came out to eat, drink to use the sandbox. Brrrr when the cold fronts come. Other times, its just uncomfortable. Thats why I went to the hotsprings in yangmingshan as much as possible.

The radiator heaters that recirculate oil are great for drying clothes. Just make sure you are watching the drying process. Few people have dryers in TAiwan and clothes take forever to dry unless the home is heated. NO news there.

It’s much colder in the UK. S’ fine though, because I live in an unbelievably luxe apartment with sheepskin rugs, central heating and a great bathroom. I couldn’t stand even 10 degrees in that concrete shed I used to live in in Taiwan. Mmm, toasty warm.

Mayonaise?

No thank you, I’m full.

Two 'n’s.

never could understand brit humour :slight_smile:

I love bcup so much.

Its a goddamned shame you morons don’t love her as much.

She will reach your heart in a beat and yank you bladder up through your pancreas without so much as as a ā€œPardon me ma’am.ā€

oH,THANK you Miss…

Nayonaise? I don’t think so. :unamused:

Hey BCup, so it’s Mancunium Redux?

Naysayer.

Thanks jd.

My god, I loathe and detest England. I’m bored, have gone through half my savings, and have to share a flat.

I only hated my job in Taiwan, I hate pretty much everything, here.

I NEED AN INCOME. Adopt me, please? I am not cute or loveable but I promise not to shit behind the sofa.

I am an idiot.

Well, my almost five year old son keeps asking for a sister . . . how versed are you in all things Lightening McQueen? Can you play cars for hours on end? How do you feel about Spongebob?

What is sunshine?

:help:

I’m so miserable with this weather. I called all my friends in Taiwan to complain, I called my friends in Panama to complain, I called my family …:boo-hoo:

The dog has not been walked in two days -not even a bag-trip (when it’s too cold, I put him in a bag/carrier and we go out for sightseeng. I walk, he sees).

I lost the remote. Just can’t find the friggin’ thing. The TV does not work without it (channels are locked from 70 to 87 only if on manual).

Got down conforter back. Currently monopolized by cats, who hiss when I try to get in. Thanks, guys.

Something’s gotta give…

:cry:

go down to KTown and Kenting for a warm up?

cute dog walk. haha. I do the same with my persian cat. Cant let persians go out on their own, they would be catnapped and gonzo.

Oh, I have a Persian back home, she’s a mean kitty. yep, catnapping is a serious risk, but sounds like she’s well rotected, right Tommy?

Pity, can’t leave all the furries behind… or I swear I’d buy a ticket by plane or bullet train out to where the sunshine is. And I really hate traveling during Chinese New Year.

Boy, is it cold!

Gosh, hope this rain lets up!

I haven’t walked the dogs for more than a week now … but luckily I have a rooftop and just one flight of stairs to get there … the dogs can run around in between and sometimes during rain and chase balls or play fight for 15-20 minutes, 4-5 times a day … that will exercise them enough … good for the dogs, bad for me as I don’t get exercise myself …

Meanwhile, I get more depressed although the hongbao I got lightens it a little … looking forward to get some new camera stuff …

I guess it would be unkind to remind you guys that the groundhog says six more weeks of winter?? Customarily Taiwan starts MARCH off real cold and then midway or to the end of March, it gets noticebly warmer? You will be glad to hear the Spring Thunder round April, Im bettin. And February? Just grey, cold , wet thru-out as usual.

I wish Taiwans winters were only a month long? Then its tolerable. But actually didnt you guys have the warmest January in years or decades? Well, better get some cold then huh?

Balance things out?

The good thing is that no central heating keeps you thin. I gained a KG a year living here in the good ol USA.

(yes i know i know…shut up already tommy …hahaa …well I paid my dues…I froze in TAiwan just like you guys are…now sittin in 25c heated apt , and the Taiwanese cat wants to go out to the porch again to cool off )

Look at things from the good side … at least the rain keeps the firecracker mobs off the streets.

I want! I want!

No sun for days? Boohoo, booballoo! Try going a whole friggin 8 weeks with skies in a fugly shade of gray, a constant chilling wind, and rain every f*cking day without a break. At least snow is pretty and would hide all the rotting chunks of chewed-up betelnut and dogshit instead of turning them into slimy mush.

I am so glad this is my last winter in Taiwan. I am not sure I’d survive another one. I’d give anything to be back in the States right now, even in Chi(lly)cago where winter is real winter and not some cheap badly manufactured knock off version of it. I mean not even a spring to make up for all the shit we have to put up with here. No, more like … cold, cold, cold, slightly warm, BAM Where’s the friggin’ aircon?

That’s just not right, people.

Naw, girl, after a serious rant like that I suggest you go here

Don’t tease me like that cause I just might do it. :wink: