Im cold and this weather sucks 2011/12

And another temperature dip, folks, at least 10 degrees. Expect 17 by tonite/tomorrow morning and lower until Saturday.

Oh, and rain. Lots and lots of rain. Hope that Miaoli reservoir that was seeding clouds gets some friggin’ water, dimmit!

AAAA, just got back from the beach!!!
You all just live on the wrong side of the line. You know, that line just below Hualian that divides hot from cold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropic_of_Cancer

:cactus:

I can dig the cold. But we’ve just had lots of rain. Lots of it. For days. Ceaseless endless precipitation.

New name for Taiwan = Rainland. It will finally differentiate us from Thailand.

Aaaarrrgggghhhh! Winter is coming!!! :frowning:

totally drenched on the bike taking Kid to school. Even wetter on the way back, aqua-planing through lakes of water on the road. Now gazing forlornly out the window. Visibility is a few hundred metres, the rain is a barrage of thick drops coming down vertically. There’s no respite.

Average Nov rainfall here is 152mm.
Already had 334mm, and that doesn’t include yesterday or today :thumbsdown:.

No, but we are actually more likely to hear of deaths from hypothermia if the temperature should fall below what is expected for a given time of the year, for example if temperature falls below 5 degrees in Taipei.

A few years back the temperature fell below 15 degrees in Thailand (which is apparently unusual) and people died from hypothermia.

In Germany if temperature goes above 30 degrees (which is actually not that hot if you’re outside) then people die from heat.

I guess people’s body here are more used to the hot and humid temperature, so when it goes down to 17 degrees (which is a very comfortable temperature for me) people put on 3 layers of heavy clothing.

[quote]07fE26162
CENTRAL WEATHER BUREAU EXTREMELY HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY
Issued at 2011/11/16 10:00
EXTREMELY HEAVY RAIN ADVISORY

1. Yilan County-

…Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory or Torrential Rain
Advisory in effect from late this morning (11/16)
through tonight (11/16)…

1. Keelung North Coast-Taipei City Mountain Area-
    New Taipei City Mountain Area-
    Taoyuan County Mountain Area-Pingtung County-
    Hengchun Peninsula-Hualien County-Taitung County-

…Heavy Rain Advisory or Extremely Heavy Rain
Advisory in effect from late this morning (11/16)
through tonight (11/16)…

------ Summary of Warning Areas ------
[Torrential Rain Advisory areas]
Yilan County-

[Extremely Heavy Rain Advisory areas]
Keelung North Coast-Taipei City Mountain Area-
New Taipei City Mountain Area-
Taoyuan County Mountain Area-Pingtung County-
Hengchun Peninsula-Hualien County-Taitung County-

---- Observed Cumulative Rainfall ----

• Stations with 24H accumulated rainfall above 50mm
    2011/11/15 09:30 AM ~ 2011/11/16 09:30 AM

-Torrential Rain (200mm):
    Yilan County Nan-ao_Township: 334.0 mm,
    Yilan County Su-ao_Township: 296.5 mm,
    Yilan County Toucheng_Township: 214.5 mm

-Extremely Heavy Rain (130mm):
    Yilan County Dongshan_Township: 194.5 mm,
    New Taipei City Rueifang_District: 191.5 mm,
    Taitung County Lyudao_Township: 182.0 mm,
    New Taipei City Shuangsi_District: 181.0 mm,
    Yilan County Wujie_Township: 170.5 mm,
    Taitung County Lanyu_Township: 169.5 mm,
    Taitung County Donghe_Township: 157.0 mm,
    Yilan County Jiaosi_Township: 154.5 mm,
    Yilan County Luodong_Township: 145.5 mm,
    New Taipei City Gongliao_District: 143.5 mm,
    New Taipei City Wanli_District: 134.0 mm

-Heavy Rain (50mm):
    New Taipei City Sanjhih_District: 118.5 mm,
    Yilan County Jhuangwei_Township: 109.5 mm,
    Yilan County Sansing_Township: 108.5 mm,
    Hualien County Sioulin_Township: 103.5 mm,
    Taitung_City: 101.0 mm,
    New Taipei City Pingsi_District: 99.0 mm,
    Taitung County Changbin_Township: 97.0 mm,
    New Taipei City Pinglin_District: 93.5 mm,
    KeelungCity: 92.0 mm,
    New Taipei City Jinshan_District: 89.5 mm,
    Yilan_City: 88.5 mm,
    Hualien County Fongbin_Township: 85.0 mm,
    Hualien County Rueisuei_Township: 82.5 mm,
    Taitung County Luye_Township: 79.0 mm,
    Yilan County Datong_Township: 78.0 mm,
    Taitung County Chenggong_Township: 76.6 mm,
    Keelung City Cidu_District: 73.0 mm,
    New Taipei City Shihmen_District: 72.0 mm,
    Hualien County Yuli_Township: 71.0 mm,
    Taipei City Shihlin_District: 65.5 mm,
    Pingtung County Manjhou_Township: 65.5 mm,
    Hualien County Jhuosi_Township: 64.0 mm,
    Taitung County Taimali_Township: 63.0 mm,
    Yilan County Yuanshan_Township: 62.0 mm,
    Taitung County Beinan_Township: 59.5 mm,
    Hualien_City: 52.0 mm
    [/quote]

Anybody got a boat for sale?

Maybe they’re bluffing because in Taipei its nice and sunny.

They’re not bluffing, this is the real thing. It’s been raining here since 7.30am, that’s 6 hours straight. I can’t see any end to this, and really have to go for a run today. If it’s not stopped by 3, I’ll have to run in this downpour. That’s going to be very wet. Then my trainers will be wet for a few days (unless the sun comes out :roflmao:).

As the KLF said, it’s all the way down the East Coast. I’m talking to you, baby.

Sorry for complaining about the rain yesterday. It is as nothing, compared to the rain that’s being received today.
I can see it’s been drizzling a little in Taipei, but look at the rainfall maps on cwb.
http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V6e/index.htm

Just LOOK! East coast is heavy purple already - over 200mm and it’s not even midday.
I’ve never seen rain this heavy outside of a typhoon, there’s no distinction out there between sky, cloud and ground. It’s all the same level of grey and pounding drops.

Insane :no-no:.
(and my trainers are soaking wet inside)

[quote]1. Hualien County-Taitung County-
…Torrential Rain Advisory or Extremely Torrential Rain Advisory :astonished: :astonished: in effect from early this afternoon
(11/17) through tonight (11/17)…[/quote]

My biggest problem with the bloody rain is that it bloody rains when I need to drive home, or bloody rains when I need to drive home. At home? It bloody stops!! Bloody rain! :fume:

STOP the deluge man… like dont go OUT . :slight_smile:

Wow, that sounds pretty wet over there! on this coast its also raining but not so heavy. though our farm did get flooded and about 50cm deep last week. that said im not digging it. just had about 40kg of herbs/food drying that went moldy and became garden mulch :frowning:

Is anyone else hot or is my biological clock gone kaput? They said 28 degres expected for noon. Hate the temerature roller coaster. And it will rain al weekend. We’ll have rain at least until Tuesday.

Forget about the laundry: rain and cold forecasted for the coming days. Heavy rain advisory for Keelung and mountain areas, spreading over the whole island as cold front moves on.

Nice clear blue sky and sunshine up here in Alishan. Cold weather is not a problem and some of my wifes students are climbing Yushan to the peak just under 4000m on Friday and Saturday. -10c to -15c temps are common up there.

Its already snowing up there. :smiley: :smiley:

Cold?
How the heck is 13 degrees Celsius ANYWHERE near cold?
Cool, perhaps, but nowhere near cold.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Cold?
How the heck is 13 degrees Celsius ANYWHERE near cold?
Cool, perhaps, but nowhere near cold.[/quote]

Combined with the humidity and the poor insulation, and the fact that if you are Taiwanese you are used to a warmer weather, it’s cold.

Just like 15 degree C is cold for Thailand but its barely comfortable for me…

i just had an american friend here who was saying it was cold…it all depends where you are from. But form a world view, i don’t think anything over 10C is cold. Taiwan gets cool, ya. The cold areas i would say are left in the mountains here. Down around 600m or less i would say its never truly cold.

I do understand the locals feeling cold when there are cold fronts coming down from chinas direction. But i will NEVER understand the thick thick winter COATS, black to boot, with pants, scarfs and hats during 30C sunny days in winter. I dont care how white you want to be, thats just not right. I get heat stroke in winter in shorts and t-shirt here…i dotn get how tehse guys can physically do what they do in the bright sunshine. although we did have a neighbor who died form heat stroke here last year, so i guess it happens.