I'm Loving This Song Today

OK. Enough dictatorship of the proletariat. Jimi’s REALLY loving this song today:

1 Like

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t notice that we’d moved on to Scotland.

Of Solzhenitsyn’s works I’ve only read Volume I of The Gulag Archipelago, and One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich. I read Volume I of Gulag at age 21 (i.e., a long time ago). It moved me to the right a ways, but I moved back leftward a little ways after reading T. Harry Williams’s Huey Long (also at age 21).

I heard this song in 1974. These guys are a little too artsy for me, but I remember this song kinda fondly.

:noway:

:discodance:

1 Like

I got a big kick the first two, but the third is “cheating.” (It’s still funny, though, especially the YouTube comment about “the MC5’s legendary performance on the show.”) I suppose it’s possible that the first two are cheating, too, but if they are they fooled me.)

If that first vid isn’t the product of some very clever fakery, then it’s amazing that “One Toke over the Line” was sung on the Lawrence Welk Show.

Well, the first vid ain’t fake. There are Wikipedia articles on the lady and the gentleman in the vid.

Still not sure about florence and the machine in terms of artistic talent…when i first heard this song, i hated it, but have since warmed to it. I guess it reminds me of my disco days.

What’s the matter? You are only loving that song today :loco: ? You don’t love it on other days? If I love a song, it’s every single day. Get used to these music threads because I’ve got plans for more song threads in the coming months :wink: .

All in all this is the best live youtube video i’ve ever seen

1 Like

One of the best mellowest tune ever.

:lick:

That is a brilliant performance from the first song off their best album (IMHO :grandpa: ). But there are two things I have to say :soapbox: :

1. I love that song everyday. Not just today.
  2. Somebody needs to tell Michael Stype that he looks better with the blue stripe and not the brown, monobrow stripe.

John Williams

1 Like

Nothing like some wee pipes to get the blood coursing first thing in the morning:

Bit of contemporary British folk: