Imaginative names for a chocolate lab puppy ...?

1. Chockie.

2. Chewey.

3. Hershey (Hersh for short) and impress your feminist
    friends by saying it stands for ‘her-she’

4. Chunkie

I like Maya.

Too trendy. By the time she gets to kindergarten she’ll be embarrassed to have such a name.

I think you should merge “chocolate” and “lab” together to get “Chab”, and since we’re being international, how about using a “v” instead of a “b”, since those letters are interchangeable pronunciation-wise in Spain.

So you could call him “Chav”. What a lovely name :stuck_out_tongue:

(Seriously, don’t call him “Chav”. Seriously.)

Chab.

Chabsters…

Chabby.

I got the Chabs.

LOVE IT!

Chav is a brilliant idea, especially if you happen to take her to the UK. You could have many an adventure wandering the likes of Manchester calling out “here chav, chav, chav.”
HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]Chav is a brilliant idea, especially if you happen to take her to the UK. You could have many an adventure wandering the likes of Manchester calling out “here chav, chav, chav.”
HG[/quote]

OK. OK. Stop it now. I will not be responsible for this dog getting named Chav. :scooby:

How about Gustav? Seems to work well for a certain chocolate lab I know…

Okay, seriously though, Ghiradelli? Ghira for short?

Sorry, dear, but the Maya weren’t the first. The Toltecs (e.g., Quetzalcoatl), Aztecs, Mixtecs, Mayans (250-900AD) and Xi (Olmecs, 1500 to somewhere between 500 BC and 1 AD) all drank chocolate, and the Olmecs predate the Maya by about 1750 years. So they could name the pup Olmec! :wink:

Olmec use is evidenced by archaeological finds of teapots with cocoa in the bottom, from an Olmec site 2,600 years ago; some scholars also argue that it is the Mixe-Zoque word *kakawa (a linguistic reconstruction), which gives cacao and thus cocoa its name, and some scholars believe the Olmecs to have spoken a language in this group, although both facts are disputed. Is Kakawa a good pup name? :laughing:

The Olmecs lived in the Mexican states of Tabasco and Vera Cruz, between the later Maya and Aztec heartlands. So one could name him Tabasco. :slight_smile:

The subsequent Izapan culture of this region and/or the Chontal or Put

Holy Mole, what a post! :notworthy:

Dragonbones has too much time on his hands. :stuck_out_tongue:

Broondug. There. That settles it.

The poor dog! I think some of the deity names of south america might be a bit much, I mean a lab being named after the God of war? My 23 pound tugo had more fight in her than any lab I have ever met. Why don’t we just call her turtle? I like turtles, it makes no sense whatsoever and isn’t connected to her colour at all. Of course you might not want to take my advise as I named my first dog small and ugly in chinese and the other one Stimby (a cross between stimpy and bartleby)

You’re a sly dog, Muzha Man! :bravo:

I’ve heard the chocolate labs can be pretty crazy. Nice dog though. My borther has a yellow (white) one and a black (chocolate?) one. They named theirs after scotches (liquor).

Mozart.

Godiva.

Mousse

Truffles

I don’t know… Huitzilopochtli is growing on me… :slight_smile:

Ex-lax! :sunglasses:

:laughing:

They make that in chocolate flavor, right?
:stuck_out_tongue: