In which country do you see yourself 5 to 10 years or more from now?

I’ve heard Pyongyang is lovely in the spring. :blush:

5 years definitely Taiwan, 10 don’t know. I might give the digital nomad tech dude thing a shot.

2 Likes

Mongolia!

Maybe Japan will take over Taiwan again, and you’ll get conscripted and sent to fight in Guadalcanal.

Maybe China gets Taiwan and he can get a job at the airport as a customs agent. “Anything to declare?” Zzzzzzzzzzip.

Maybe they’ll even let him work with the cute drug dogs.

3 Likes

About as likely as Taiwan to become a US territory and I’d move myself to the lower 48 as a result of the “developments”.

What if they let you return to the U.S., but it has to be a U.S. territory like Guam or Saipan?

Probably preferable to being firmly stuck in Taiwan, and will find out which US territory I can live a quiet life I guess (I’m going to guess most of them). But I think it would be more likely they would require me to live in Alaska, as no one really wants to live there.

But it’s pointless to talk in hypothetical that won’t happen barring some major world altering event.

In 5 years, probably Taiwan, though hopefully I will be able to move to the South and work remotely. In ten years, I hope I can move back to Japan and buy an akiya.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Guy

1 Like

Somewhere in southern Europe sipping a coffee, then suddenly remembering I wrote this in an obscure Taiwan forum 10 years prior, and how right I was.

5 Likes

I’m pondering this possibility too. The main thing that puts me off is the prospect of learning Japanese.

1 Like

Taiwan. Hopefully buried under the beach.

I understand! for me the pressure of improving my Chinese is something that deters me to stay in Taiwan. :smiling_face_with_tear: At least in Japanese I’m conversational, can read teenager’s manga, and have a geniuine love for the language.

1 Like

I see myself living in my own country. I work very hard days and nights, I will be very disappointed with myself if within 10 years I don’t have my own country. :smiling_face_with_tear:

5 Likes

Back in Europe probably, but which country exactly, I’m not sure yet

1 Like

Have you considered invading North Korea?

1 Like

As your forumosa monicker puts it, good enough!

Guy

I like my France-UK switch as healthcare is covered in both (and other EU locales).

Watching my parents, when they owned a place in Maui, having to sell at some point because even insurance has its limits, made me realize the shortcomings of being a Snowbird.