In which country do you see yourself 5 to 10 years or more from now?

Which country you can see yourself 5 to 10 years or more from now?or maybe you want to live permanently with your family in that country and why?

probably TW, maybe SG or Thailand, depending on work opportunities.

Most likely SG. They probably have the best healthcare in Asia, safe place for me and my parents to retire, and I can’t get PR for my parents in Taiwan.

1 Like

You probably can get PR for them through investment

No I can’t, they’re born in China. I can get them temporary work visas.

North Korea.

4 Likes

Uhh I see. That sucks. Good for Singapore.

I live and work in the UK, with family in France. So UK/France, and I can see buying in France in the next decade (already have real estate in UK). Rare visits to Canuckistan. Really liked Ecuador and its distinct eco-systems (coast, Andes, amazon), but it seems to have become lawless these days. And pretty distant to get to.

Ecuador.
yeah, that’s pretty isolated and…drum role, near the equator and hence hot

1 Like

Five to 10 years from now, ideally Taiwan. Beyond that would be time to start settling down and focusing on paying off my mortgage/retiring early, so UK.

1 Like

Depends where! Coastal areas too hot. But Quito and the Andes cities? 13,000 feet high. Quito is always 21 or 22 degrees during the day, 16 or 17 at night. Best weather I’ve ever encountered.

3 Likes

Are they citizens of the PRC? Did they give up and become citizens of another country?

Maybe, northern Korea by then.

They picked up foreign passports long ago and are no longer PRC citizens. But the requirements around hukou renunciation is pretty strict, and from asking around, it’s hard to get this kind of documentation if you left china before they digitalized everything, and I don’t want them to go back to China at their age looking around for documents.

Probably somewhere in Southeast Asia. Can’t see myself putting up with Taiwanese food and weather after I’m retired.

2 Likes

But who wins?

Find out next time on Capitalism Vs Communism, every night at 10pm CST on Channel 4 and Radio Network 13.

2 Likes

Same taiwan is the ideal place for me from low crime rate and can walk around without fear even 0.1%and most specially the healthcare also i think and for senior citizen’s people which is very convenient like they have park for them to go to jogging,tai chi,running etc.any recreational for older people and the convenient of transportation and the people was so helpful and they dont afraid to help you or lookdown on you if you asking help from them …i hope and i wish taiwan will and still maintained this traits that i love…and i hope the salary of people here will go higher and higher and the environmental beauty and houses will be par with singapore,australia,hong kong,and japan

6 Likes

I have a hunch that, by the time I’m “properly” retired - about 20 years from now - the world is going to look very different, with a whole bunch of currently-desirable countries struggling or failed, and some places that are currently basket-cases looking like sensible options.

Unfortunately I don’t think NK is going to be one of the latter; the Kim dynasty will collapse eventually, but there’s too much ecological damage that will take decades to recover (assuming anybody even tries to fix it). Crappy climate, too.

2 Likes

Probably stuck firmly in Taiwan…

But who knows what can happen.

Unlucky, oh. Numba fo’.

Unlucky, la! Se-San hao!

1 Like