Inclusion in film & tv casting

3 Likes

Will butthurt people ever recover?

Butthurtitis is chronic.

Let’s analyze the pic:

1. The woman in the foreground is not showing her face, as if women only mattered for their bodies
  2. The only other woman in the drawing is far in the background
  3. The black guy is as far as possible
  4. The only Asian person is a kid. A SHORT kid. Clearly a hint at the average height of Asian people.

Total:
6 men
2 women
6 white people

Superman is a literal Nazi Sexist: C.O.N.F.I.R.M.E.D.

Disagree. It’s the white folk that needs woking.

Fear not:

I wonder how violently the world would explode if Idris Elba was to ever be cast as Superman or Batman.

Isn’t there talk of him as the next 007?

How dare you assume their gender!!!

Well, given that Supes is actually an alien, all of the previous castings have technically been whitewashed.

An illegal alien at that! No one seems to care about that.

My former neighbor was one, too. They just hauled him away in a wagon. He was a nice guy. He used to give me vegetables. Supes ain’t done jack for me.

2 Likes

Poor Brandon Routh…

Well, it was absolute shit in The Dark Tower because the character of the books is basically a Clint Eastwood clone, as confirmed by King himself in a relatively recent print of the series. They picked an actor that doesn’t match the original character from any point of view, be it physical build, look of the face, skin color etc etc, and obviously fans of the series were less than pleased by this forced diversity. Also, the fact that the movie was appalingly bad didn’t help.

If The Lord of the Rings was made today, I can already see a fellowship with 6 ethnicities, 4 real-life religions clearly on display, 1 gay and 1 transgender person, and all the fans of the books labelled are racist nazi scum due to their complaints.

http://imgur.com/gallery/99dd9

I don’t care what he plays. All he has to do is stand there and breathe on camera for 4 hours and I’ll be there.

1 Like
1 Like

I don’t see the big deal. It was OK for an adaptation, and King’s books rarely adapt well, IMO.

King did not seem to mind Elba playing the role, I mean, he created the character!

As for LOTR. Did not read the books. Did not care. I suffered through the movies, but they could have put purple 3-eyed sloths from hell in the lead roles and it would not have mattered to me.

I remember that. And everyone went 3 degrees of ape-shit over that. Rush and Beck about had on-air coronaries.

I think he would have pulled it off magnificently.

I opened for them (kinda) in my professional acting debut.

…and now I will have that MMMM song in my head for the rest of the day.

1 Like

Actually the only person I’ve heard of who even made a mention of Roland’s skin colour is you. But maybe I don’t spend enough time on websites that use “Patriot” in the title.

Everyone I read was just upset that it stinks something fierce.

Do you have any idea how you sound when you talk like this??

1 Like