Indian marrying in Taiwan

Hi guys! Do you know any Indian national who got married here in Taiwan?
I’m a foreigner myself and my fiance is Indian. From what I’ve read, any foreign national can marry in Taiwan given all requirements are fulfilled.
We would like to know what are the things required to do for an Indian after he/she got married here in Taiwan, ex. register the marriage in India. We’re also planning to ask the Indian consulate the proper procedures but if anybody here has a first-hand experience, it would be great to hear.
Thanks!

The who?

Lol. Also known as the embassy

I think they force you to register the marriage in the country of the foreigner to get a JFRV (marriage) visa as a step towards getting Taiwanese citizenship.

For 2 foreigners though, that’s not an issue. You might need a paper proving single status with consular notarization from your countries to marry.

Yeah, that’s one of the requirements given to us by the HHR. Thanks

India does not recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation. Actually no one does anymore except the Vatican :rofl: anyway it’s the India-Taipei Association you’re referring to.

Even more weird. The Vatican doesn’t actually recognize Taiwan. They recognize Taiwan/ROC as China lol.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarification. Hope somebody who had experience would find this forum though. I saw someone posted for similar question but there wasn’t any follow up.