Indian Restaurant to avoid ! (Kaohsiung)

Hi All,

Just back from Supper at ‘Bombay Restaurant’ at No. 124, Wufu 2nd Road, Kaohsiung City (高雄市五福二路124號) … hmmmmm where do I start… arghhhhh :fume:

A so-called Halal Indian Restaurant serving authentic Indian Cuisine … NOT !!! :fume:

Paid about 700 TWD (about 15 GBP) for what I would not even class as Sub-Standard food…

We ordered …

1. Samosas
  2. Chicken Tikka
  3. Palak Paneer (Spinach with Cheese)
  4. Naan.

Here Goes …

1. Samosas … pastry so hard I had to cut with a knife … impossible to bite … filled with oil … and BURNT.

2. Chicken Tikka … had a very strong waxy taste and No aroma of any spices used … was it fresh or reheated? hmmmmm

3. Palak Paneer … The only edible dish but was scrambled like baby food consistency… Again no aroma and no sign of any spices used … lacking salt but lashings of GARLIC.

4. Naan … one garlic and one plain ordered … … only thing my 3 year old daughter ate.

Very disappointing and very expensive Visit and a first and last time that we will frequent this establishment.

Go at your own risk … YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!

I don’t mind paying for good food but this was not even food .

ps. Quote from my Taiwanese wife " Night Market Area Standard Toilets" … YUCK !!! :fume: :fume: :fume: :fume:

sounds like the Indian Restaurant in Hualien has franchised, then :smiley:.

which one is that?

The Problem is I have come from one of the best areas in the world for currys… Leeds and often frequented Bradford In England.

God I miss the food now

You are just setting yourself up for that one.

Wait til you’ve been here 10plus years. The food (what it is, what it represents, and who we share it with) is what we miss most. There isn’t a single person here that does not miss that. 100 percent what you said.

[quote=“elektronisk”]
Wait til you’ve been here 10plus years. The food (what it is, what it represents, and who we share it with) is what we miss most. There isn’t a single person here that does not miss that. 100 percent what you said.[/quote]
You give credibility to a poster that writes “lol” and “lmao” in a restaurant review? I despair for your sanity sometimes, dear elektronisk. :cry:

My Mum writes better text messages.

1 Like

[quote=“jimipresley”][quote=“elektronisk”]
Wait til you’ve been here 10plus years. The food (what it is, what it represents, and who we share it with) is what we miss most. There isn’t a single person here that does not miss that. 100 percent what you said.[/quote]
You give credibility to a poster that writes “lol” and “lmao” in a restaurant review? I despair for your sanity sometimes, dear elektronisk. :cry:

My Mum writes better text messages.[/quote]

Thank god somebody loves me!

[quote=“jimipresley”]You give credibility to a poster that writes “lol” and “lmao” in a restaurant review? I despair for your sanity sometimes, dear elektronisk. :cry:
My Mum writes better text messages.[/quote]

harsh words with no love, jimi :2cents:. OP didn’t use either in post 1. Instead, a helpful heads-up on somewhere to avoid in Kaohsiung.

The Hualien one is on Heping Rd, worst Indian I’ve ever had.
Best of it was that I could hear locals on other tables enthusing about the tasty food.

post edited for all you nit pickers

For the record, I’ve never been to Kaohsiung, and I don’t know anything about Indian food or Indian restaurants; this is just to say that someone on the board has favorably mentioned a restaurant in Kaohsiung that serves curry (assuming hopefully that it’s still in business and still at the location given in the post): [forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 3#p1267783](Dating in Kaohsiung :)

Blimey, that bad you need to warn people! Did you get a bad stomach after you ate it?

seems has closed, its for rent

I avoid Indian restaurants altogether :smiley: .