Inexpensive home espresso machine capable of latte art

I miss being able to make delicious espresso and latte at home since moving back to Taiwan…

My place is limited in space, and I don’t feel like dropping more than NT$10K for an espresso machine. It seems that espresso machines are way overpriced in Taiwan, and selections are limited. Does anyone know any machine within my budget that is capable of making good latte art? Or do I have to increase my budget?

I love my Moka pot ! Very cheap and you can make excellent coffee in very little space. Cheap coffee machines are complete garbage, you will regret it! Buy a Moka pot, you will not regret it!

3 Likes

Moka top stove coffee maker here. I’m so fond of it that I even take it on trips and even hikes.

I too have been looking into getting espresso machines and there are cheap options that if they have anything close to the pressure needed for making espresso, they will eventually die… Reportedly sooner than later. The pumps used are shit, apparently.

2 Likes

Another moka user here. I think we bought the small one from Amazon.de, and brought the larger one from Spain. They’re overpriced here.

1 Like

Sometimes i bring specific machinery from Canada to here. Maybe bring your favourite espresso machine here?

1 Like

Currently I use an AeroPress to make fake espresso and a French press-like device for milk frothing. While the coffee tastes okay, the milk foam is not good enough for latte art… I cannot use a stovetop moka pot as open flames are not allowed in my building.

1 Like

You can use an induction Moka pot something like this, Maxcelia瑪莎利亞|嵐寧摩卡壺|MX-0130MM|陳鴻代言推薦 | citiesocial | 找好東西

Not recommending that special one just this concept. You can also use a normal Moka on a normal induction heater with a metal adapter.

1 Like

They won’t know.