Info about a few universities in Taiwan - Providence and Ming Chuan

Hello my name is Rafael. I wanted to study in Providence university anyone from this forum currently studying in Providence university can tell their story good or bad experience are accepted

2 Likes

This one?

Have not studied there but have been on campus.

Providence University

Itā€™s a mid-tier private school.

On the plus side, it does not seem to be threatened with imminent closure, as some private unis are.

On the minus side, if you are enrolling in a degree program, I would not have high expectations about the academic side.

I hope this helps.

Guy

yes that is the university

thanks for the input and why you would not have high expectations about the academic side?
anything wrong with the education?

It has to do with its placement in Taiwanā€™s highly stratified ranking system. Itā€™s not at the bottom, thatā€™s for sureā€”but itā€™s far from the top ranked schools.

If however you are there to learn Chinese or for other purposes, it could work out fine. On that point, I simply donā€™t know.

Guy

Hello my name is Rafael. I also wanted to study in Ming Chuan university anyone from this forum currently studying in Ming Chuan university can tell their story good or bad experience are accepted

Hey I also considering to study Providence university
looks like Providence university is pretty popular among foreign students

Hello my name Galang Wasita. Iā€™m from Indonesia
Iā€™m interested to study in Providence University (PU; Chinese: 靜宜大å­ø; pinyin: JƬngyĆ­ DĆ xuĆ©)
Are there any students from this University?
if yes then please share your experience
thanks in advance

There are foreign students at Providence, and foreign students at lots of universities.

They must be doing some big-time foreign student recruiting recently.

1 Like

Given the demographic realities of Taiwan, they need to if they eventually want to survive.

As an added bonus, it also helps their ranking based on some schemes evaluating how ā€œinternationalā€ they are.

Guy

1 Like

Thanks for all the opinions guys
but unfortunately Iā€™ve decided to study in China instead of Taiwan because the admission officer in Taiwan are very hard to reach and very unhelpful
Iā€™ve also heard from other foreign students that Asia university among the worst private university because the lack of transparency and only trying to lure international students to make money

Peace out

1 Like

Good luck!

Guy

so youā€™re choosing a university in a country with a reputation of no transparency? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Providence university is underrated university
Iā€™ve got some applicants from Providence university and their quality pretty good
lots of them study abroad through exchange program from what i know