Info about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine/Boosters (Non-discussion thread)

September 17th. Elderly persons over 75 years of age (inclusive) who have received the first dose of Modena before July 9 and more than 10 weeks apart.

1 Like

9th phase BNT

Make appointments: 9/20 10 o’clock to 9/22 12 o’clock

Appointment times: BNT 9 / 25-10 / 2; high-end 9 / 27- 10 / 2

Eligibility

1. BNT first dose: 18-22 years old; 65 years old and above; ninth category over 40 years old and willing to register to choose BNT
  2. High-end second dose: 9/28 (including ) Before the second dose of vaccination, the interval of more than 4 weeks

3 Likes

18-22?

That part I really don’t get.

The best I can say is that want the college kids vaccinated to prevent unis from being shut down with infection clusters.

Guy

But they have Medigen and AZ for that. The argument for kids was that bnt is only one they can take

I don’t disagree.

EDIT: further inconsistency: university teachers were booted out of priority group 7, not counted as “teachers,” to instead prioritize teachers working K-12 and in buxibans. I grumbled about this in various places, but I thought: OK, I can see unis are not the priority for the MOE, they just want us to go online. But now this? I really don’t understand what they are up to.

Guy

Are people born in 1986 eligible for vaccine yet (other than Medigen) ?

If you selected AZ, the answer is “yes.”

If you selected BNT, the answer will depend on your medical status (i.e. if you are in priority group 9, with a serious medical condition) or if you are aged 18-22. If you are eligible, you will already have received a text message.

Hat tip to @slawa for finding and posting this helpful chart in another thread.

Guy

5 Likes

Thank you, I have selected all three: AZ, BNT and Moderna. My birth year is 1986, my wife is 1988. We both registered 2 months ago, but never got any SMS.

Can we just go to a designated vaccination center to try and get an appointment in person ?

I would advise you to phone 1922 to see what is possible for you. You can ask to speak to someone in English, and they will do what they can to help.

Guy

1 Like

Updated CECC guidelines posted today (October 8) about who is eligible for a first shot of Pfizer /BNT in the next round. If you’re an adult in the regular category, it’s now 45 years old and up.

A. First dose of the BNT vaccine
a. Eligibility to schedule appointments: individuals who registered for a BNT shot before 12 p.m. on October 6 and meet any of the following criteria:
1. People aged 45 and older (born on December 31, 1976, or earlier);
2. People aged 12-22 (born between January 1, 1999 and October 15, 2009, inclusive)
3. Individuals aged 18 and older in the ninth priority group (born on December 31, 2003, or earlier).

b. Scheduling appointments: from 10 a.m. on October 11 to 12 p.m. on October 13 (a text message will be sent starting 2 p.m. on October 10).
c. Vaccination: from October 15 to October 21.

Source: CECC updates eligibility for first dose of BNT vaccine and for second dose of AZ vaccine in 11th round of bookings on COVID-19 Vaccination Registration and Reservation system - Taiwan Centers for Disease Control

Guy

3 Likes

Some graphics about the next round of vaccine eligibility: first doses of BNT will be widely available to adults, and lots of opportunities for AZ and Moderna second doses too. For details, be sure to read the fine print!

First-phase vaccinations will be carried out from Oct. 22-27:

Second-phase vaccinations will be administered between Oct. 28 and Nov. 3:

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202110130015

Guy

3 Likes

Why two phases? Lots of questions about implications. So if all slots are full for AZ second dose, the system automatically directs you to the second set of appointment dates? I guess my wife will just hope for the best.

Getting the older peeps done first

1 Like

In the upcoming rounds, Taipei City has decided to split the sites based on vaccine type to streamline the process:

1. BNT (for first doses): at the big hospital (as BNT is trickier to handle and administer);
  2. Moderna (for second doses): in the smaller clinics; and
  3. AZ (for second doses): to be administered at the Flower Expo site right at Yuanshan MRT Station on the Red Line (with extended hours to 9:00 pm starting on 10/22).

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202110150007

Guy

Info for the upcoming registration round. Be sure to read the fine print!

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202110260016

Guy

3 Likes

Thank you! I did not know this. But thanks to you I have made an appointment before the 12pm deadline today. :notworthy:

Edit: sorry if this counts as discussion. Please delete if necessary

2 Likes

The 12th Round Phase 2 Open for BioNTech (BNT) vaccine first doze booking.

If you are over the age of 30, and have registered for willingness to get vaccinated by 12 noon of Oct. 26th, please get online and book for vaccination by 12 noon of Oct. 27th
https://1922.gov.tw/

1 Like

Registration for the 14th Round—First Shot AZ or Moderna; Second Shot AZ, Moderna, or BNT

If you are over the age of 18, and have registered willingness to get vaccinated by 2 p.m. of Nov. 5, please get online and book your shots for the upcoming round at 1922.gov.tw .

Here are some specifics of eligibility (you need to qualify for one of the following):

• AZ first dose: aged 18 and older (born on or before Nov. 13, 2003); OR

• AZ second dose: aged 18 and older (born on or before Nov. 13, 2003) and received their first AZ dose on or before Sept. 18; OR

• Moderna first dose: aged 18 and older (born on or before Dec. 31, 2003); OR

• Moderna second dose: aged 18 and older (born on or before Dec. 31, 2003) and received their first Moderna dose on or before Oct. 16; OR

• BNT second dose: aged 18 and older (born on or before Dec. 31, 2003) and received their first BNT dose on or before Oct. 16.

If you’re making an appointment to get AZ, you registration window for this round is 10 a.m. Nov. 11 to 12 p.m. Nov. 12.

If you’re making an appointment to get Moderna or BNT (second shot only for the latter), your registration window for this round is 2 p.m. Nov. 11 to 12 p.m. Nov. 12.

Shots for this round will be administered from Nov. 13 - 24. Heaps of vaccines are available. Let’s get this done!

Source: Reservations for Taiwan's 14th round of vaccinations start Thursday | Taiwan News | 2021-11-09 16:12:00

Guy

3 Likes

Any forumosans waiting for a mix-and-match second dose? It’s finally possible in Taiwan.

If you received AZ as your first shot at least eight weeks ago, and if you prefer to receive an mRNA vaccine for your second shot (a common practice in Canada, in Europe, and perhaps elsewhere), then log into your account at 1922.gov.tw tomorrow (Friday November 19) between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. You should be able to make an appointment for your second shot this weekend on Saturday November 20 or Sunday November 21.

If you miss this window, no sweat—there will be other opportunities. But if you want to get this done, this is your chance to do so.

Guy

3 Likes