Info about how to get the Coronavirus Vaccine/Boosters (Non-discussion thread)

Are there still certain times when you can book a first shot or can you book it anytime? Thanks.

This unnamed person has signed up for all three brands but conveniently keeps missing the booking period.

What’s the unnamed person’s schedule like tomorrow (i.e. December 29)? If his/her/their schedule is open, and if he/she/they can accept Moderna, it appears it’s still available at Taipei Main Station in the main ticketing hall (ground level). No appointment needed. Up until now, I believe the vaccination service has been available from 1:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Citizens and noncitizens alike are welcome. More details here:

https://news.immigration.gov.tw/NewsSection/Detail/16d63038-cff0-4fb4-a31e-605cc8f96c3d?category=3&lang=EN

Guy

2 Likes

It is for Mrs Dave and she would prefer BNT. Well she would prefer to wait but… Does she have to wait for the next round for bnt?

I can only find announcements about the 1922.gov.tw platform from a couple of weeks ago. I do know that Taiwan is sitting on piles of BNT vaccines, but I’m not certain how to advise you to make a booking right now.

Guy

1 Like

Ok. I thought I was missing something. Thanks.

3rd shot is next I guess…

Keep in mind there is a now a distinction between:

• third shot (for people deemed to be immunocompromised; recommended to be administered 28 days after the second shot); and

• booster shot (for anyone 18 years of age or older; recommended now to be administered five months after the second shot; and if it’s Moderna, it will be a half dose, unlike the third shot noted above).

Cheers,
Guy

2 Likes

Thanks you are right, noticed just after there is a thread already about booster shots. :wink:

1 Like

A total of 462,800 shots of the Novavax XBB vaccine have arrived in Taiwan and will be available nationwide from Jan. 9. People who have not had the XBB vaccine yet can choose between Moderna and Novavax.

The vaccine can be accessed at around 3,000 hospitals across the island, including 1,665 of them that do not require an advanced booking. People can visit the CDC website (秋冬疫苗專區.. - 衛生福利部疾病管制署) for further details.

3 Likes