Injured dog seen Sanchong District, red collar

Just in case anyone is in a position to check this out - I was out cycling north towards Danshui along the paths leading through Sanchong when I spotted a dog that didn’t look like a typical stray, at least not to my inexpert eyes. It looked like a white lab (?) and had a red collar, and was hanging around the cycle paths. It was holding one paw up, and was having trouble walking, and seemed to be nervous as hell. The time was probably about half one this afternoon.

The exact location that I saw the dog, for what it’s worth, was 25.061131, 121.477610 . Copy and paste that into google and it’ll show you the precise location, which is just below the Zhongshanlu Elevated Motorway, on the bike paths.

The following snapshots (click on the links to see them - I couldn’t figure out how to show the images here or anything I tried to use didn’t work) are stills from video I was shooting with an action camera attached to the bike. I tried getting a little close to it to try and say hello, but it got nervous and started running towards the nearby busy road, so I stopped following in case it tried to run full-tilt into the traffic. I might have posted this earlier but I didn’t have my phone on me.

I’m aware there are a thousand thousand dogs out there just like this one, but just ignoring it didn’t feel right when I could take just ten minutes to post all this up here.

If anyone knows anyone who goes looking for strays or lost pets, please pass this on. I don’t speak or write Mandarin, so have no idea if there are any local lost and found pet forums. If there’s anyone else I might post these details, let me know.

dropbox.com/s/1haie9x8nybtv … 6.jpg?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/zo4cjjmeq00m6 … 9.jpg?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/35l4rl8zt4pol … 0.jpg?dl=0

You could post this on the Sanctuary’s Facebook page with pics. Offering to help pay for medical care is good or sponsoring the dog should he need to stay long term.

facebook.com/TheSanctuaryinTaiwan

[quote=“Mucha Man”]You could post this on the Sanctuary’s Facebook page with pics. Offering to help pay for medical care is good or sponsoring the dog should he need to stay long term.

facebook.com/TheSanctuaryinTaiwan[/quote]

Thanks, I posted there.

Good job. It may be someone’s dog as they are reporting on the facebook page. Let’s hope.