🛼 Inline Skating - Inline Skating in Tainan

Hi, guys.

During COVID-19, there are more people enjoy inline skating than pre-COVID since skating is an outdoor activity that does not involve much close contact if enough precautions.

In Tainan, there are some good places for skating, coast trails, skating parks and tracks, and there will be more in future as being some river-side trails near the ocean currently in construction.

I have never seen any skaters during my flows, but if there are skaters or retired skaters who used to skate back in the days, please let me know and skate together.

<To take enough precautions, please have at least one month since arriving at Taiwan and without any sign of symptoms. Wearing a mask is important for me even when the alart level becomes lower.>

2 Likes

Was this necessary?

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s important and needed. There are people with different views and needs. Making it clear won’t harm, or not?

CacXD been hibernating for 2 years.
Just peeked outside and saw the whole world upside down.

1 Like

I love inline skating. Wonder why it’s not more popular in Taiwan I guess it just hasn’t caught on.

2 Likes

Thank you for your welcome back message lol though I was’nt in Taiwan at least during last year.

1 Like

I heard some Taiwanese students had good records in international competitions and I see many kids enjoy skating, though I rarely see adults enjoy skating.

Most people prefer being spoken to like adults.

Any suggestions for a good and affordable inline skate shop in Taipei? Nothing very fancy but not crap either.

There are a few skate stores around Taipei. Try Vigor Town, in Wenshan, at
勁速直排輪運動用品專賣店 -- contact_公館店. There’s also a small ice hockey community here - I believe a few members are on this board - and they may have info, too.

1 Like

I really don’t get it, but are you offended? If so, why? English isn’t my mother language so I’m not sensitive as to the expressions though it seems you are over reacting to my post. What is the problem exactly?

Putting the last few lines is patronizing. It would be like you and I having dinner and you get up to go to the bathroom. I stand up and remind you to wash your hands and use soap because germs might get on your hands. You are stating the obvious.

I don’t agree with you. Just before the alart level 3, there were actually a ton of people without face mask in my neighborhood here in Tainan. Maybe your place is different though, which does not invalidate the way I put out my post. And to add, once the alart level is down, there will be again many without facemask.

You also see here in other thread someone was pointing out cyclists gathering close together, in a manner that would worry him or her.

You say things are cristal clear as washing your hands after the rest room, but in reality there are many who need to be remined to actually wash their hands before eating even during COVID.

I mean, you are assuming I live in such an environment as you live, which is not, that’s why I’m putting things clear. Well at least I don’t understand your logic, and you can see me here upsetting people with a different view.

In Tainan, I guess you know this place https://bit.ly/3uzrhf5 (not a skater myself but passed by).