Insanely close call for driver during landslide in Keelung

I bet they totally holy shit their britches.

Was the driver of the white car ok?

Someone walked over my grave, watching that.

He seems to be running around the car pretty smartly, seems to be worried about passenger(s). They would have been worse off.

Hope everyone was OK.

And when he finds out that everyone is Ok, he might want to consider if that was a journey that had to be made. Check out the waterfall, it’s epic.

Can anyone glipmse the plate number? I’ll buy some lottery with those lucky numbers.

I was at my cousin’s house in North Vancouver when it got destroyed by a landslide several years ago. We felt lucky, because none of the 5 of us in the house (including their infant) were injured, and my friend and I happened to be there to help extract my family from the mud. Their neighbour’s wife was killed in the slide.
The car in the video was destroyed, yes, but I completely agree that they are lucky/ have angels looking over them/ whatever. That rock could’ve easily taken one more roll and squished the occupants. They are lucky.
This steady, heavy rain freaks me out - I’m very happy to be nowhere near any hills right now! Stay safe, everyone!

I took a hit from a high tension wire and had 14,400 volts go in my hands and out my feet. Nary a scar to show for it. I felt lucky. Met a guy who got hit by lightning in the neck and exited his groin. He felt lucky.

I also missed a major mudslide on Highway 99 in BC by about 20 minutes. It closed the highway for weeks. I felt pissed off cuz I had to drive for 6 hours to get to work the next week. (Usually took 1.5 hours).

But whomever spotted the peak going off in this video, well done. That is amazing footage.

My friend just recently had a skydiving accident. Her pack had slipped off her shoulder and when she pulled the cord, she snapped her humerus, badly. As she was spiraling out of control, she attempted to right herself by reaching up with her good arm and placed the grip in her mouth. While incredibly clever to even think of this while plummeting from 10,000 ft, it turn out to be a bad move as it ripped out of her mouth, destroying her great smile. She continued to plummet and landed on the top of a gas station, smashing her ankle to smithereens. This was 3 months ago. She went jogging last week. Easily the luckiest and toughest human I’ve ever known. And she has her smile back too.

I had a station wagon with no wheels fall off the lift onto me while I was under it working. Ripped my chest muscles (pectorals) right off my rib cage. For a year and a half I couldn’t laugh, cough, or sneeze without crying. Yes crying. Even breathing deeply hurt. Being an exhockey player, I’ve broken many bones. But this was the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced. Especially having to deal with the residual pain for so long after.

Epic skydiving accident! I want to hug her. That is absolutely amazing.

That sounds painful to say the least. Did you manage a decent recovery?

That sounds painful to say the least. Did you manage a decent recovery?[/quote]

I did. But when I decided to start working out a couple years ago… Something in my chest popped when I attempted my first chest exercise. I had to deal with chest pain for a few months more. As of now, completely healed.

[quote=“Mucha Man”]Watch for it.

[/quote]
Title of this video: TAIWAN ROCKS!

From the same time period, some dude surfing the typhoon floods.

Was that a Toyota Zinger? That was impressive.

I get a similar situation on my street sometimes. I try to stop people from going into it but of course they go ahead and do it anyway. Usually ends with them asking me if I can give them a hand pushing their car out of the water.

Edit: That should be Toyota Innova.

More views of the car and boulder here…

didnt notice that first time, very good eye. can see thats how it all came down. makes more sense now, and also makes one think they are that much luckier going by how high it came from.