Inside Man

Inside Man has a big cast to boot, including Clive Owen, Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster, Willem Dafoe and Christopher Plummer.
As the trailer implies this might not be your typical bank robbery, in fact don’t expect any action ala Heat - this movie is rather slow but even though it runs at 129 minutes it certainly isn’t boring. In fact my friend and me found it highly entertaining, seeing the story unfold without any forced twist and turns; instead you get solid acting and a good plot for a change.
It actually takes quite a while to figure out what’s going on, leaving you wondering until then as much as the characters that play the police.

This was the best movie I have seen so far this year, with V for Vendetta ([url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/v-for-vendetta/26538/1 here[/url]), that I saw the folloing day, also getting the same judgement (though of course the movies are not directly comparable).

You’re the second person in as many days with good things to say about this film. I think I’ll see it.

Saw it last night. Very entertaining. Thanks for the recommendation, Rascal. Spike Lee has certainly come a long way.
If you’re going to see it, pay close attention to the people in the bank.
My favorite line in the movie: “And that thing you’re sucking on is no pina colada.”

I don’t know how I did it, but I picked off the “surprise” gang member right away. Don’t you feel like something is missing tho? No wrap up, imo.

Didn’t feel it was missing anything, the ending was IMHO perfect.

Here’s some Inside Trivia–Rue de Bona, who was in the girl group Boy Krazy and hosted WWF Smackdown, plays one of the tellers.

Yes, I have to say it is a damn good film. The ending suits it as it is understated as much of the plot is too. The story line is good but is made all the better by the excellent cast. Great to see Jodie Foster back and she was looking good!! :wink:

I saw this with a friend and I have to say I really enjoyed it. There have been a few movies out that have surprised me like North Country and Match Point. Maybe it’s something about two-worded titles… :ponder: