Insiders at Lotus Hill

Hi,

I’m moving to Taiwan in February and after going through this forum, Lotus Hill looks like the right place for me.

I’m looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, around 30-35 pings, with nice view for a fair price, available from mid February for long term rental.

Are there any insiders on this forum that know of good deals? Please contact me!

I would suggest that Lotus Hill is not very convenient. Just move to Neihu. You’ll be living amongst the best Taipei has to offer and not have the traffic and isolation of Lotus Hill.

I think that people tend to move to places that suit them. Lotus Hill is the cat’s pajamas for some people, and for others, not. Some things to consider: It costs $250 for a taxi from Lotus Hill to the intersection of Fuxing/Nanjing. Most other places in Taipei can be gotten to for under $300. This is a consideration if you like to have a few drinks in pubs from time to time. I usually drive though, and my commute is a snap, but that is no doubt due to the face that I rarely drive in rush hour. It takes me half an hour to get anywhere: brunch, work, shopping, whatever. If you live in Neihu, you can shave 10 minutes off of that. When I moved to Lotus Hill, I commuted entirely by motorcycle, and it was faster than by car, but it’s a bit of an ordeal in bad weather. Now I have a car, and that’s definitely much easier, but it’s not a prerequisite to happiness here at all.

For me the winning point is that I can walk to the Lotus Hill convenience store and not see or hear a single vehicle. Same thing when I look out my window. I kept my double sliding glass patio doors open all day today, and the only sound I heard was that of kids riding their tricycles around the pathways below - without parental supervision. Because there are no cars or motorcycles, traffic just isn’t a concern. The cold beers by the swimming pool in the summer is a nice feature as well!

Your best bet is just to come here and look around. There are no special deals - there’s either a good apartment up for grabs or there isn’t. Give me a call when you get to Taipei and I’ll show you around.

Anthony
0935-560-995

Thanks Maoman!
I’m in Taipei the next two weeks and would love to have a look around. I’ll give you a call.

Someone handed me a pamphlet outside the MRT advertising Maoman as a “feature”.

You should definitely consider what your transportation will be when making this decision. If you want to rely on the MRT, you need to live near it. Personally, I like the Neihu area near Dahu Park, and there will be an MRT there “soon”.

Thanks for the info, Neihu sounds good as well, but as my future workplace will be not far from Lotus Hill, the transportation is not really an issue. If I want to go into town for a drink I can grab a taxi.
Lotus Hill really looks like the right choice for me :slight_smile: .

citykey.com.tw/lotus/speed/main.asp

Donghu MRT will eventually be 5-20 minutes by car or community bus (depending on the traffic).

[quote=“Bassie”]I’m moving to Taiwan in February and after going through this forum, Lotus Hill looks like the right place for me.

I’m looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, around 30-35 pings, with nice view for a fair price, available from mid February for long term rental.

Are there any insiders on this forum that know of good deals? Please contact me![/quote]
I saw a place advertised in the elevators at Lotus Hill. 22k/month partially furnished, 37 ping, parking included. (20k without parking) I have the number written down somewhere. I’ll try and post it later.

I have to say I can’t recommend citykey. The woman there, Gloria, has engaged in some pretty blatant rip-offs of foreigners - not just with rentals but as a real estate agent buying and selling properties for foreigners. I would give her a wide berth. Caveat emptor!

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“Bassie”]I’m moving to Taiwan in February and after going through this forum, Lotus Hill looks like the right place for me.

Are there any insiders on this forum that know of good deals? Please contact me![/quote]
I saw a place advertised in the elevators at Lotus Hill. 22k/month partially furnished, 37 ping, parking included. (20k without parking) I have the number written down somewhere. I’ll try and post it later.[/quote]
Found the number: Call Evon Chen at 0930-100-288. I have no idea what the apartment is like, or if Evon is a decent landlord. Just passing on the info from a flyer I saw, so caveat emptor!