Instant Pot air fryer

I’m interested in getting an air fryer, specifically the Instant Pot brand 6 quart model. It doesn’t seem to come up anywhere on a Google search except ebay.

Anyone seen them anywhere in Taipei? Thanks.

1 Like

Instant pot added air fryer! Wow

I saw lots online, for example

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah, I stumbled across an air fryer toaster oven that Costco has on their web site. Searched for reviews on it which, of course, led me down a rabbit hole of other videos (this is what you can do with a morning on Lunar New Year break) and came upon this video which compared that one to a regular air fryer.

This review video convinced me I just want the standard air fryer, mainly to avoid cleanup mess, and the Instant Pot brand is the one they found to be the best.

I’m hoping to find one in a store rather than online with all its attendant hassles (for me anyway).

1 Like

Instant Pot also has a pressure cooker and slow cooker which are handy!

1 Like

I am also looking at air fryer vs air fryer toaster oven, but I come to the opposite decision - I want an air fryer toaster oven with stainless steel interior and accessories, a window I can see through, and high enough temperatures so I can roast coffee in it.

ETA: I just looked at the video. Some air fryer toaster oven owners also complain about air fryer being hard to clean and lists it as a pro for the air fryer toaster oven. If you don’t mind the non-stick coating, Costco has Gourmia GAF798, which most customers seem to be pretty happy about judging by the reviews at the US Costco and Walmart websites.

1 Like

What’s wrong with non-stick?

https://cen.acs.org/environment/persistent-pollutants/US-EPA-deems-two-GenX-PFAS-chemicals-more-toxic-than-PFOA/99/i40

If you google “non-stick cookware,” most websites will say it’s safe as long as the temperature is not too high and it’s not scratched. Well, that’s not easy to guarantee. PFOA had been known to be harmful since the 70s, yet it took the US government 40 years to ban it. I don’t want to take the chance. BTW, if you haven’t watched Dark Waters, I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Did you have any luck finding a combo pressure cooker/air fryer in Taiwan?
Both the Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot can be ordered on Amazon but the shipping cost equals the base cost of the items which is hard to swallow.

I’m also on the hunt for the same thing. Are there any good brands for the basket style air fryer in Taiwan?