Interesting ways (not online) meeting new friends/partners in Taiwan, stories? Fun stories

It seems they got a lot more out of it than you.
You moaned the whole time you were here. :joy::grin:

1 Like

I was like a poison to Taiwan. It ingested me, then vomited me back out.

I was very unhappy in Taiwan, but I was happy to experience such personal mental discomfort. Strangely.

The map is not the territory :kissing_heart:

Perhaps I see it differently:

But I do think that this is a great way for us to grow stronger, if it doesn’t kill us:

“The map is not the territory,” means that we all see things in different ways. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good stories, must been a good boarding school (not all are good at all from some stories I hear). I also helped out overseas some Taiwanese and Japanese students with something as simple as phone call or in case young Japanese student a room at my mum’s house for a few days when she had problem with a homestay, it also formed long term family (parents) friendships.

Which guard?

The prison guard who was nice to you.

A lot of people get all misty eyed about Taiwan when they go back to their home country. It’s a bit of a phenomenon on these boards.

1 Like

Everyone gets misty eyed about the country they used to live in.

I don’t get misty eyed about Sweden . Cold like ice.:no_mouth:

1 Like

Agree and mostly true for me, but not always like my year in Singapore not any to make me misty eyed but also nothing awful,

Admittedly a low bar, but yes, pretty sweet story.

The girls or the weather?

1 Like

Yes, it’s one of the reasons I come back. When I am back to the home country I also besides family do not miss it as much as I think I do.

Oh that was a dumb joke I’ve never been to a prison lol. It was just the guy in the other bed when I was in hospital. He was friendly and chatty

What’s a “prison lol”?

idk what’s the point of your post?

What’s an “idk what’s”?

Weird joke