Interior designer for minor home improvement project

We have finally moved in to our apartment and would like to do some minor home improvement like adding an interior wall, building a closet, etc.

We need a consultation first to know what is possible and what it will cost.

Anyone know where to go for this service and/or have a suggestion for a designer in Taipei? We don’t speak Chinese (yet :wink:) so a local who speaks English would be desired.

Thanks! :smile:

If I remember correctly, you and the husband are here under a two year contract and are renting a place.

In that case, make sure that your lease says your able to. Once you’ve figured out if the lease allows you to…if you’re in a building with a guard or any kind of apartment complex, you can’t just call in the people and have them start banging away. You need to apply with the apartment complex management to post notices that “apartment X is doing job A from this time until this time during the day and dates are”. It’s not as easy as, “I do what I want”.

As for finding an interior designer that has time right now, it’s not easy. It’s one week before Chinese New Year (CNY) which is the longest break that most manual labor people get throughout the year. It may also be tough to find someone right after CNY because most of them will be trying to finish projects they couldn’t finish before the holiday.

I know it’s not better than a custom closet, but have you considered buying something from IKEA? There’s always an abundance of people willing to pick up used IKEA furniture in Taiwan when you guys leave.

For interior design, I know a guy, his English isn’t too great, but does a pretty good job. PM me for details.

Hi mooncakes, my buddy is a Taiwanese interior designer who does freelance projects. He is in northern Taiwan and his English is pretty good. PM me for details