Internatinal studend card ISIC

simply question:

the fact I am a full time student (studying chinese 10 hours weekly at a goverment approved school), does it enable me
to apply for an ISIC card ??
I know it sounds a bit weird, but the taiwanese goverment declared 10 hours a full time student, not me …

Anybody in here got through that process ??

Hello, I check the website which issues ISIC in Taiwan for you.
The qualification is like this:
國內學生申辦資格:
一、年滿12歲(含),以辦卡當日為基準日。
二、為中華民國教育部其網站上所公佈公私立國民中學、公私立高級中學、公私立高級職校、公私立大專院校之正式學籍的在校學生,並出示具有效力的學校學生證即可申請辦理。正式學籍係指經正式入學管道,入學修讀授予學位或頒發畢業證書之課程者。
三、為中華民國教育部其網站上所公佈公私立國民中學、公私立高級中學、公私立高級職校、公私立大專院校之設立的研究學院、進修學部、學分班、推廣教育部、進修部、語言中心、先修班等在學學生,並出示具有效力的學校學生證及全年授課達12周及每周達15小時的上課證明,即可申請辦理。如全年授課未達12周及每周未達15小時者,將不符合ISIC之規定,故無法申請辦理。
四、非教育部公佈認可之學校,如基督書院、輔大神學院等在學學生,出示具有效力的學校學生證及全年授課達12周及每周達15小時的上課證明,即可申請辦理。一般補教機構、才藝學苑等單位則一律不列入申辦範圍。
Students of Taiwanese institution:

1. you are over 12 years old.
  2. you are a degree student of any school recognised by Ministry of Education, or
  3. a student of any institution in the list of Ministry of Education and your course is over 12 weeks a year and 15 hours a week.
  4. Students in the school not recognised by MofE have to fulfill the require as 3 as 12 weeks and 15 hours.

http://www.statravel.org.tw/isic/index.htm
This is the webpage of the company who issues ISIC in Taiwan. (STA as well) Although it’s in Chinese. But you can see the telephone number in the bottom. Pleas call them for further information. I think they will be more helpful.

[quote=“MoTi”]simply question:

the fact I am a full time student (studying chinese 10 hours weekly at a goverment approved school), does it enable me to apply for an ISIC card?? I know it sounds a bit weird, but the Taiwanese goverment declared 10 hours a full time student, not me …

Anybody in here got through that process??[/quote]
In London I presented my acceptance letter from Shi-Da and got an ISIC card on that basis, and was then able to purchase a student fare air ticket. Being 37 years old (this was 11 years ago) did not raise any eyebrows. It looks like the Taiwanese STA people want you to be doing 15 hours a week. If STA won’t sell you an ISIC card, I think I know someone else who will.

The Taiwanese ones have Chinese in them. Otherwise, you’ll find the ISIC to be of limited use in Taiwan. Your home university’s or Taiwan university’s student cards are more than good. You can get things at student price just by asking most of the time.