International kindergarten in Taipei

Dear all, is there an inexpensive international kindergarten for kids around 3 years old in Da’an district?

Hello and welcome to the forum. When you say International do you actually mean that or do you simply mean an English/Chinese speaking school?
If the former, not to my knowledge, if the latter, then yes, you probably could walk around the neighborhood and find some. It is becoming very popular, I do not have an address for you, but I am pretty much positive it’ll be easy to find one.
Good luck.

[quote=“igorveni”]Hello and welcome to the forum. When you say International do you actually mean that or do you simply mean an English/Chinese speaking school?
If the former, not to my knowledge, if the latter, then yes, you probably could walk around the neighborhood and find some. It is becoming very popular, I do not have an address for you, but I am pretty much positive it’ll be easy to find one.
Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcoming word and for advice too! I actully did see some places around, but they mostly have Chinese teachers, speaking really bad English. I bet those places are not cheap too. We basically need a place where our 3 year old girl can be with other kids and can start picking up some English (her native language is Russian).

What about Happy Kids? I haven’t personally had any kids attend there but some friends have and had nothing but good things to say about it.

96-98 Xin-Yi Road, Section 4, Taipei, Taiwan

happykidsschool.com.tw/

Hi,

Has anyone tried or have experience with happy Kids?

I just checked the website, but it doesn’t describe things like what age group of kids does it support, what are the fees etc.?

Does anyone have more info?

Thanks.

For an well-organized and fun kindergarten I would recommend Big Byte (http://www.bigbyte.com.tw). It’s got the best curriculum I’ve seen here in tw…

FWIW

I know it’s too late, but for all who are concerned with this topic, my daughter is currently enrolled at Happy Kids, and she loves it. It is a fun, safe environment. Western style teaching, great staff, half foreign, half-Taiwanese, with a great philosophy. It is also relatively bilingual at the preschool and kindergarten levels (more English heavy.) I recommend all who are interested to call (02-2704-6090) and set up a time to tour the school. They have 4 years of preschool/kindergarten and have programs for when they start grade school until they get out of Middle School. I teach the older kids there, and after completing the preschool courses, the native Chinese speakers are all fluent in English by the time they hit 1st grade. My daughter is not there to learn English, but for the enriching environment and curriculum offered.

Check it out. I can’t speak toward “inexpensive” or not, but I think their rates are standard for the industry.