International shipping

Who has the cheapest international shipping rates for medium sized boxes. I just shipped an 11kg box to the US on my brother’s tab and it was 6700 NT. That was through FedEx cheapest rate. Time is not a factor. I have sent one overnight letter through the Taiwan Post Office and it was lost, so I am not too impressed with them. Any help would be appreciated…

search, this has been covered before. for example:

If you had shipped via EMS, the cost would have been about half.

If time is not a factor, ship it by sea. It costs around 1500nt to ship by sea for a 20kg box.

u-bag does not ship to the US. Does sending it by sea do door to door? Who is EMS? please pardon my newbieness…

I am not sure if Taiwan Post still offers any sea mail options. but if so, then it wold be ‘post-office to door’, not door-to-door.

EMS (Express Mail Service) is an international cooperative express mail system that runs atop the public postal service of many countries (those in the UPU). It provides airbilling, tracking, customs declaration and other services and infrastructure for different postal services to work together for faster-than-first-class mail delivery.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_mail

Generally cheaper than commercial parcel and mail delivery services (Fedex, UPS, DHL) but not in all cases.