Introducing: Forumosa Friends (friends.forumosa.com)

It is a damn eyesore, let them have links from the front page, but not from everywhere.

Whilst i understand the admin / owners want to makesome money out of this, it is in my honest opinion the wrong way for the forumsto be going.

I’m with you on this, Sandman and Traveller.

Please get rid of the Forumosa Friends.

What purpose does this serve? How can Foromusa make money from this (eventually), as has been suggested?

Foruomosa is better off without Foruomosa Friends, imho.

I like the Japanese guy who wants to be a movie star and needs to learn English so we are to contact him readily. I bet a lot of us jumped right up and went to work on that one. :unamused:

It’s probably money for clicks, sign-ups and/or people who sign-up and pay (definitely for that).

My hat is in the ring on this one…

It’s not spam, it’s just stupid.

[quote=“some guy in another thread”]F.com is heading towards some sort of revenue generating metamorphosis soon (I gather) so the financial stability issues (for better or for worse) will be over: and as we all know - Money changes everything.

I feel something brewing. No matter what the future holds, I hope the contributions made by each and every one of us here is revered as the true value of forumosa.com, and I hope not too much emphasis is placed on the vehicle which has allowed the phenomenon to happen here.
Without the heart of the community, there is no forumosa.com.[/quote]

Why do I have to look at one of them on every single page I visit? and why do I have to read their stupid self-image? I don’t want to know that matyb (?) is dressing fashionably and popular with the ladies.

Bottom-line: please, keep those people in the friends section, please?

I’m with you on this, Sandman and Traveller.

Please get rid of the Forumosa Friends.
{snip}
Foruomosa is better off without Foruomosa Friends, imho.[/quote]

Isn’t the idea that Forumosa is in itself a “Forumosa Friends” site??? Maybe it’s just me :idunno:

It was funny for a day or two, but the entertainment value wears off pretty quickly eh? Link and be done with it.

I think the ads on forumosa are giving the service a really bad reputation, seeing all these pretentious people who can’t spell or write a proper sentence. A simple link informing the existence of this service would be just fine.

I admit I’m not a perfect speller, but spelling mistakes really annoy me. It’s like seeing Taiwanese teens degrading the Chinese language, instead of writing the proper character, they use a single phoenetic symbol. pfffff!

Eureka! Alas there is hope!

Thanks for all the feedback. Stay tuned…

I have a bigger issue with the fact that I see a classified that I’m interested and hit back and the bingo, it’s dissapeared and refresh changes the ads rather than actually refreshing. I can take or leave forumosa friends.

I don’t mind cute Asian girls everywhere. Of course I only have eyes for one of them… :slight_smile:

SugarSquiggleStars:
What makes me happy: “Chinese food, chocolate, hamsters, helping people, watching anime, and sleeping.”

Yeah, I’ll have to agree with this. A bit annoying, a link to the page would be just enough like all the other ads, seeing all these faces when I read a thread is…well, makes me feel I am on the wrong site.
TAKE IT OFF!

Forumosa will maybe make a little money from the few people (I met one) who pay to use the service, but will probably undermine itself by alienating many more.

Big picture please, Mr Admin.

I like the young ladies photos, I used to love ac_dropouts avatar, but when my wife looks over my shoulder, she thinks I’m logged into a dating service instead of Forumosa! Now I can either change her mind or change Forumosa. I think I know which would be easier.

OOC

:laughing:

Yeah… get rid of them… or at least send them to a place where we needn’t see them.