Investments and Business forum?

Wondering if there would be interest in a forum to discuss investing (stocks, bonds, gold, llamas) and businesses (fried chicken parts vending, setting up a buxiban, international arms dealing, creating the next Bre-X)?

I would definitely be interested in such a forum, I think it’s a great idea.

Risk and Return in Taiwan?

I would be VERY interested!

This was mentioned in the general legal forum a while back. Someone was going to do something about it. Obviously they had other business that prevented them.

I’d be interested in a forum like this, too. We would need to prove that there’s a ‘significant’ interest first. We could do this by identifying existing discussions throughout the website that would be moved there first.

If we could make the case first, then we’d be in a great position to talk to Maoman.

Also, I wonder if Investing (stocks, bonds, real estate, llamas) really is the same as Business (trade in chicken parts, incubating buxibans, dealing in arms and vital organs, hatching the next Enron).

Other things to think about – would business advertising be allowed? What about MLM? Could MLMers finally work in peace on Forumosa.com over there?

I would be interested in one. BUT no MLM stuff.

yes.

has anyone here found a good way to buy gold here?

where do you buy your euros?

the US dollar is dropping all over except taiwan. how does this non-action by taiwan’s central think tank effect us?

[quote=“gus”]I’d be interested in a forum like this, too. We would need to prove that there’s a ‘significant’ interest first. We could do this by identifying existing discussions throughout the website that would be moved there first.

If we could make the case first, then we’d be in a great position to talk to Maoman.

Also, I wonder if Investing (stocks, bonds, real estate, llamas) really is the same as Business (trade in chicken parts, incubating buxibans, dealing in arms and vital organs, hatching the next Enron).

Other things to think about – would business advertising be allowed? What about MLM? Could MLMers finally work in peace on Forumosa.com over there?[/quote]
Surely Investing and Business are related. After all, a key measure of success of any Business venture is whether the return on your investment exceeds one that could be earned elsewhere, often defined as one that could be earned by less-risky Investments (usually equity and debt instruments, where portfolio management can more carefully manage risk). It is or should be key to the decision of the small business owner. For example, would I be better off selling my buxiban and sticking my after-cost proceeds in a Vanguard mutual fund? Or buy and sell buxibans instead? Or leave my nut in the Vanguard fund and come back to the buxiban business later?

To track returns earned in each area, Business and Investment, in one place (a new forum), would surely be of interest, no?

It’s also why I recommended calling the new forum Risk & Return in Taiwan; I think this title better describes the process explored (delineated hopefully) in such a forum. Namely, identifying ways to maximize return in Taiwan. Such a name might also attract readers who find their cursors hurriedly passing over something called Business and Investment. (although I admit that “Risk & Return in Taiwan” is likely only marginally more interesting) I would argue that attracting a diversified set of respondents to such a forum would likely increase considerably the value of the information posted there. Many people have news about business that they may wish to discuss, news that can be very useful to investors, even if they have little knowledge of business to begin with.

Someone mentioned the General Legal forum above, and that may be a good place for it. After all, the liquidity of an investment is largely a function of law, or more specifically, laws about personal property and investment law. I certainly have no problem with banner ads displayed there. Who knows, forumosa.com may end up as a valued destination for investors in Asia.