Iraq, Al' Qaeda, Cheney: why is this still news?

Seriously, why? [quote=“Washington Post”]Hussein’s Prewar Ties To Al-Qaeda Discounted
Pentagon Report Says Contacts Were Limited

Captured Iraqi documents and intelligence interrogations of Saddam Hussein and two former aides “all confirmed” that Hussein’s regime was not directly cooperating with al-Qaeda before the U.S. invasion of Iraq, according to a declassified Defense Department report released yesterday.

The declassified version of the report, by acting Inspector General Thomas F. Gimble, also contains new details about the intelligence community’s prewar consensus that the Iraqi government and al-Qaeda figures had only limited contacts, and about its judgments that reports of deeper links were based on dubious or unconfirmed information. The report had been released in summary form in February.[/quote]

Oh yeah, that’s why:

Nevermind.

They are aspiring to perfection. Attempting to maintain the highest standards. Driving straight. No, that is the car commercial on TV. Dao nar qu it is asking now…

Some appear to believe that if you repeat a lie loudly enough for a long enough time, it becomes true. :idunno: That certainly appears to be the MO of the Bush administration.

Jaboney, Be very grateful that you’re there and not here. Anna Nicole smith is still news here. :fume: Lengthy investigative report type of news… :fume: :fume: :fume:

Ok, there’s that.
But I went around the corner for a pizza at 11:45 tonight after getting home from work…
and they were closed!
What kind of self-respecting pizza joint CLOSES at 11:00pm?

I consoled myself by picking up an overpriced bottle of wine at a goofy late night market. It’s crap.

Meanwhile, in the news, murderous madmen are merrily leading nations through the butcher’s yard, and that prick in Tehran’s having as much fun as Chavez, Castro and Putin poking fun at them.

back to the wine… got work to do tonight.
sigh

This should put to rest the lie that the Bush administration’s false assertions about Iraq were honest mistakes.

It should, but it won’t.

And then there those pesky WMD’s that have been verified as taken out of Iraq by the truckload thru Syria.
Darn it all!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]And then there those pesky WMD’s that have been verified as taken out of Iraq by the truckload thru Syria.
Darn it all![/quote]

At least I know when I’m fantasizing.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]And then there those pesky WMD’s that have been verified as taken out of Iraq by the truckload thru Syria.
Darn it all![/quote]

You mean the ones that the weapons inspector found by channelling Jesus?

I thought that you said they were buried in the Bekaa Valley in Lebanon…no, no , they were put in bright yellow barrels with skull and crossbones on the sides and flown out on planes…no, wait, didn’t you say that they were loaded on ships by Russian Spetznazi and taken through the middle of the US blockade and dumped in the Indian Ocean… oh, now I remember, it was all of the above.

If I were you, TC, I’d get into the WorldNutDaily archives and find out where George Soros’s private plane was at the time…with these Jewish Islamofascist international financier Commie types, you know it’s gotta be a conspiracy.

[quote=“MikeN”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]And then there those pesky WMD’s that have been verified as taken out of Iraq by the truckload thru Syria.
Darn it all![/quote]

You mean the ones that the weapons inspector found by channelling Jesus?[/quote]
He probably refers to the one vial of botox found in someone’s fridge:

[quote]To justify their bizarre claim, Bush officials have pounced upon a handful of minor finds by Kay’s group, in particular the discovery of a biological agent in the possession of an Iraqi scientist. What they found, of course, was not the tons of weaponry that Powell so famously promised in his speech to the United Nations. It was not pounds or even ounces of the material. It was one small vial.

That vial contained the B strain of botulinum, not the more deadly A strain. It did not contain botulinum toxin, the actual nerve agent known in this country as Botox, only the fairly common botulinum bacteria that can produce the toxin.[/quote]
Source

And then there is of course the announcement by Bush that evidence of WMD has been found, proven by the discovery of mobile weapons lab (that weren’t such), something he AFAIK never retracted:

[quote]“You remember when [Secretary of State] Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons,” Bush said in an interview before leaving today on a seven-day trip to Europe and the Middle East. "They’re illegal. They’re against the United Nations resolutions, and we’ve so far discovered two.

“And we’ll find more weapons as time goes on,” Bush said. “But for those who say we haven’t found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they’re wrong. We found them.”[/quote]
Source

Everything Bush says is the truth. :unamused:

Having such delusional nuts occupying the Whitehouse makes this the most truly dangerous time in the history of the nation. I just hope the United States and the world can survive them.

It will. And the trial(s) will be interesting.

The lies you were told. Bill Moyers Journal. 25 April. PBS.