Iraqi journalist throws shoe at Bush

Man throws shoes at Bush
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

He missed.

But it’s the thought that counts.

Did he get his shoes back… :roflmao:

The second shoe almost didn’t if that [bleep] next to him didn’t put his hand up. Guy to himself=*Note to self, raise hand half an inch higher when shoes are being aimed at [bleep].

Good thing Bush stays in such good shape…I can think of a couple Presidents who might not have come out so well.

So that’s what it’s like being greeted as liberators.

Bush was quite fast on his feet. But then he has had great practise ducking (responsibility) these past 7 years.

Watching, i was surprised how slowly his security reacted. The guy had enough time to get his second shot off, or should i say take off his shoe. :laughing:

What jurisdiction will prosecute him for this I wonder?

And what will the charge be? Assassination attempt, assault charge

They should have been watching for shoe bombers.

It’s not funny but the spokesperson Dana Perino got a black eye in the aftermath by getting hit by a microphone. It’s not funny. tee hee

What’s the group that goes around throwing cream pies at politicians?

That’s the Whitehouse Press Corp.
No, that’s not right. They only lob softballs.

You mean the Minister of Propaganda Dana Perino…

TNT asked: [quote]And what will the charge be? Assassination attempt, assault charge[/quote]
Well, Iraq’s legal code has a whole lot of specific shoe crimes, “slapping the head with a shoe,” “slipper spanking” and so on. It must be a bloody hard place for a shoe fetishist to live in! You could be locked up for ten years for performing an unnatural act with a pair of high heels.

As someone mentioned they have a variety of footwear-related crimes over there, plus I’m sure there were plenty of administrative rules pertaining behavior during a foreign leader’s press conference.

It is interesting though. Here in the states, if I just chucked a shoe at someone, and missed it would be garden variety assault, probably without damages. In Iraq though, from what I understand, it’s more insulting, kind of like spitting on someone, only it hurts more if you get hit.

Can you imagine if someone would have tried that with Saddam?
Looks like a change for the better in Iraq.

Me too. I’m surprised it even happened.

Yeah right, everything’s so peachy now that mission is accomplished, eh? You know, Sadam didn’t have to be helicoptered all over his former capital, and nor did previous rulers of Afghanistan.

HG

According to Juan Cole’s page he’ll be tried in Iraq, probably serve two years for “insulting a visiting head of state” (more if they pin him with attempted murder, but that seems too much of a stretch), then emerge the toast of the Middle East.

…or run for office in Taiwan.