Ireland's Potato

“Ireland’s Potato”…As Themed ethnic snack bars go could be a lot worse than it is. Admittedly the chips are overpriced…and crap[ish] , but I think we all knew that it was going to be before we even bought it right? At least they didn’t take the Irish kitch to new lows, like make the staff all wear fake ginger beards and stuff, still what next, what ethnic groups cuisene waits to be plundered by some low life local employing college grads at $70nt an hour , my prediction is “Mc leod’s Haggis on a stick”.

Surely Ireland has more than one potato?

It cannot be joked.

I had a nightmare last night where I was at the school tuckshop and ordered a pie and peas but the pie was floating in green beans and I looked around and all my schoolmates were wearing pink terry-toweling tracksuits and it was the middle of summer and Christmas day but I had to be at school. What does it mean?

[quote=“Charlie Phillips”]

I had a nightmare last night where I was at the school tuckshop and ordered a pie and peas but the pie was floating in green beans and I looked around and all my schoolmates were wearing pink terry-toweling tracksuits and it was the middle of summer and Christmas day but I had to be at school. What does it mean?[/quote]
It means you’ve been drinking too much bong water.

“Irelands Potato”

WTF? Don’t they think and do a little bit of research before they take a name for their business? At least get the grammar correct?

“Irelands Famous Proverb”
“Teens Alley”
“New York Bagels Cafe”

Its no worse then the Japanese chain "Beard Papa’s " , which sells (very delicious) whatchamacallits. Got one in Berkeley. Expensive but good.

beardpapasf.com/locations.htm

I’m suing them for…eh…heck give me a sour cream and cheese, thanks.

1 Like

I was thinking of starting up a place in Donegal called “Taiwan’s Noodle”.

Any Ireland’s Potato shops left in Taipei? Have a craving for some nice fried potato.

Edit: also miss their stories.

Don’t they have a big place at the mrt in Ximen Ding?
If lucky you may bump into me there with my favourite sour cream chips in hand .:grin:

In Ireland there are two things you cannot joke about…Potatoes and BrianJones Grammar

1 Like

I thought the wording on the wall was “Two things cannot be joked…”

I remember seeing one in that mall where the Vie Show Theater is in Xinyi…not sure if it’s still there though.

That one’s gone, unfortunately. Will have to bribe my Uber Eats driver to get me some from Ximen

Don’t get funny with me son.:grinning:

Some of the highway stops have irelands Potato.

Belgium’s potato is good too!

1 Like

There used to be one in Q Square Mall on the top floor next to the escalator going up to the movie.

Yes. Belgium’s proverb says: Two things cannot be joked: potato and forming a government.

2 Likes

They were born with a brick in their tummy.