Irish Riots After Stabbing

I wondered about this and then the immigrant angle surfaced.

Yeesh

According to reports, police confirmed that the suspect is an immigrant who has lived in the country for more than two decades. Police have not ruled out a potential terrorism link to the attack.

Guy lives there for decades and is still an immigrant?

Ugh, and CM is the voice that gets elevated?

The person mainly responsible for stopping and subduing the attacker was an immigrant from Brazil. Oh the irony.

The attacker is purported to be from Algeria who has lived in Ireland over 20 years and actually holds Irish citizenship. Still an immigrant? Perhaps it would have been more accurate to describe him as a naturalized citizen?

I guess the media is just trying to emphasize that the attacker is not a native born, white Irishman. You know, kind of like how Taiwanese people call those of us who naturalize “Foreigner with an ID card”.

Looks like the Irish are sick and tired of the plague of illegal immigrants sucking down tax money and public resources instead of the government prioritizing their own citizens’ needs first.

The blacks in Chicago are pissed off about illegals in their designated sanctuary city as well. They want all the illegals removed and terminate the sanctuary status of Chicago. Will the blacks in Chicago change and vote Republican if the Democrats refuse to listen to their constituents?

1 Like

Isn’t that the meaning of immigrant? Born somewhere else but lives in Ireland permanently

1 Like

True, but the angle they were going for seems a bit shadier.

Outsider seems more accurate to describe how they feel about this guy. “Not really one of us,” kind of thing.

Who knows? :idunno:

3 Likes

And will the Irish in Ireland give a shit? :laughing:

2 Likes

There are rumours he was Algerian, most of them would have got in by amnesty . There is a lot of disquiet about the number of refugees (many not even from war torn countries ) in particular as the country has a huge housing crisis right now and also Ukrainians get way too good a deal which has attracted them in very large numbers. Around 100,000 Ukrainians have arrived which is huge per head of population. The government has had it’s head on the sand on this. They are shoving men, women and children into hotels, BandBs, warehouses, offices, tents , renovated old buildings all over the country! Literally every town and village has them wedged in. The city is full of emergency accommodation in the city centre so you see loads of them hanging around there as well.

Anyway regarding the riot like all these things there’s not one factor, Dublin city centre is unusual as it has large areas of social housing and the the youth there have been allowed to get out of control over the COVID period until now. There are very few police on the streets and criminal youths are not jailed in Ireland typically , hence they have been pushing the boundaries. I think they have met the limit now.
if you search Dublin and crime or violence you will see if has been a hot topic for the last couple of years.
Some of the anti COVID anti immigrant anti everything agitators on social media riled up the situation and the local hooligans just took it from there. Remember the police are generally not armed in Ireland so they know they won’t get shot for things like burning a bus.

They are ruining our historic capital city most Dubliners would like to see them dealt with very harshly indeed.

the media in Ireland promote the 'far right ’ angle (even though the far right would have about 1% or less support in Ireland) and it suits the centrist government and leftists and NGOs to make the bogeyman ‘far right’ mich bigger than it is, they don’t want to criticise these youths directly due to their socioeconomic background and admit their failing in policing and law and order…these ferals would use any excuse for a riot and looting.
Conor McGregor is actually one of these ferals who made loads of money and dresses up in a suit.

There’s an interesting side story about an American tourist who was assaulted in Dublin recently…read it if you have time it twists and turns a bit.:slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think more Garda would help. Taiwan’s model is have lots of Garda, seems to help.

Yep it seems everybody but the government and woke Minister of Justice can figure this out. You could walk around Dublin for days and not see a Guard. I’m not exaggerating either.

One of the reasons is that they have not been able to recruit enough Gardai as the salary doesn’t match the housing costs and risks to their health, used to be a great job in Ireland…no longer. DEALING with those scumbags all day would break your heart.

Lol Taiwan doesn’t have a lot of police at all.

The “anti-immigrant” narrative is really cringe when the man who stopped the assailant IS an immigrant … from Brazil.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s a tiny fringe group that capitalised on this to get the feral youth put on the streets. That Brazilian guy was awesome. Most Irish people welcome immigrants we just want the government to have sensible policies in place. And we would happy to see those rioters getting a beating to teach them a lesson to respect our city. That’s where the government is so out of touch, Dubliners are pissed off waiting for them to deal with these hooligans.

5 Likes

I read it the other way. I thought they were using immigrant to avoid saying Algerian.

1 Like

Oh me too. It’s fishy.

1 Like

I’ve lived in Taiwan for 35 plus years and yes I am still an immigrant.

1 Like

Never mind.

They need to draft the ghosts of the Irish Brigade to restore order

(131) CONFEDERATE SONG ~ THE IRISH BRIGADE - YouTube

Write up on the rise of the far right in Ireland and

Stephen McDermott is the editorial lead for the Journal’s factchecking unit

Wouldn’t get a false story from the lead editor for the Journals factchecking unit and from his account the far right is blossoming in Ireland. What would we do without these factcheckers to give a diffinative account of events.

1 Like

It’s ‘definitive’…

As I said the real ‘far right’ protestors are actually tiny in number but they turn up everywhere and they are hardcore.

The problem in Dublin is 99% a problem of law and order i.e. there hasn’t t any for the last few years .

1 Like

Well, good of you to notice the far right scam, even if it took something close to home for you to call out the bullshit “factcheckers” and all.

They’ve been running with the same scaremongering far alt right nonsense for around a decade now.

1 Like

Tbh the riots seem pretty small. French riots are like 10 times as bad.

Yeah, but the French have been at it for a lot longer. Practice makes perfect.