Is America in decline?

FWIW I think the popularity of that song probably is some sort of social-engineering stunt, although to what end, I can’t guess. But I find it quite baffling that anybody would say “look at this idiot complaining about rich people, doesn’t he realise that the real problem is rich people”?

Or … I dunno, maybe I’ve misunderstood Mike’s point. It’s very hard to follow left logic.

Rich men north of Richmond = Washington D.C. politicians.
you saying D.C. politicians all poor, lolol

2 Likes

Sorry, did not mean demographics in the US. Just awful in a lot of big advanced economies. As for American cities, they look like they’ve been poisoned by a combination of opioids and financial mismanagement. They’ll rise again, I’m sure, just in a different way.

“Virgil, quick, come see,
There goes Robert E. Lee!”

1 Like

I didn’t say the song was about blacks, gays etc., I satd the focus was on shifting blame from millionaires and billionaires to fat women on welfare.
I said MAGA was about blaming blacks, gays etc. to shift the focus from millionaires and billionaires. Try focussing the Great Reset on them.

Also, point me any complaints in the lyrics about the wealthy except the lines “rich men north of Richmond” i.e. politicians in Washington. I agree that there are a lot of politicians who have gotten wealthy selling out their constituents for the benefit of rich men north of Richmond- also south and west of Richmond- Democrat Joe Manchin springs to mind.

You seemed to be associating the song with MAGA themes.

Yeah, except that doesn’t happen. It’s the left that has an unhealthy obsession with blacks, gays and fat people, although they generally frame their discriminatory views as “caring”. Most people on the opposite end of the political spectrum take the view that, if you have some sort of personal problem - such as being fat - that’s your problem and nobody else’s, so they do get a bit upset when public policy starts to revolve around said personal problems.

Are there MAGA racists? I don’t doubt that there are. But as far as I can tell, the thrust of MAGA is exactly what it says on the tin - to find ways to Make America Great Again. Now, they might have some specific ideas that are misguided and need discussing, but on the face of it that’s a worthy project, IMO, and long overdue.

Do you even read the Great Reset thread? Billionaires are mentioned frequently. A growing number of people - including “MAGA” types - are well aware that there is a conspiracy among bankers, financiers, and politicians to drag the planet down the plughole, and the USA seems to be where the plughole is located. The only time I’ve ever seen you post in that thread is to poke fun at people who point that out.

3 Likes

Bad news

Well it’s a good thing these chemicals are being banned.

If they’re used in non stick pans it’s bad news. Means everyone has been eating it the whole time.

Also non stick pans are bad news, not to mention planned obsolescence. Get a cast iron or steel pan and learn to season it properly.

It’s assholes like this that’ll make the US go to facial recognition cameras every three feet.

1 Like

China already do this, US is likely already doing this.

Actually many US police department already use automatic license plate readers to tag any cars with expired tags, warrants, or whatever, and since most Americans drive everywhere, it’s fiendishly easy to keep tabs on everyone.

Anything to get out of Chicago, I guess.

Damn.

‘I have been contacting the school for years trying to get them to follow mandated reporting protocol,’ she said.

'People are not trained in the technology involved… I was going to pass out flyers to parents warning them before school started because no one was listening to me.’

She also claimed Donald Trump is the leader of a pedophile ring and that the government followed her former students in Chicago and used ‘remote sexual stimulation’ on them.

A security guard at Barron’s prestigious school called 911 on March 7 to report a woman named ‘Tracy’ was asking about Barron Trump. The guard told police she was a ‘known stalker of a high-profile student.’

told a deputy at the scene she wanted to speak to the school’s headmaster because she had ‘conducted her own investigation’ into whether Barron was at the school.

Nah, there’s not a narcissism plague going on. Not at all.

1 Like

Oliver Anthony, the writer and singer of the mega-hit Rich Men North of Richmond, hit out at Republican candidates for president who discussed his song in the debate in Milwaukee on Wednesday.

Oliver Anthony’s divisive song claiming solidarity with workers only benefits the rich who exploit them
Billy Bragg
Billy Bragg
Read more

“It was funny seeing my song at that presidential debate. Because I wrote that song about those people, you know, so for them to have to sit there and listen to that, that cracks me up. It was funny kind of seeing the response to it,” the Virginian said in [a statement]

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv9uMXiY29s) on Friday.

He is a rather politically confused person.

Game, set, stroke.

1 Like

In Taiwan it would be chicken fried betel nuts or bubble tea.

Chicken-fried pig’s blood cakes.

I had kids try one of these idiotic things in class. He ended up over the trash can gagging, spitting up and draining his nose like an overflow valve at the dam.

This is America’s future when it’s 50 trillion dollars in debt and most of its annual tax revenue goes towards paying interest on that debt:

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1702079713622299100?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Sweden has red neck food too
https://tw.forumosa.com/t/sweden-impressions-of-sweden