Is blondism as bad as racism?

Blondes are sick of being the butt of everyones jokes. Recently ginger tops have been up in arms about persecution from mousey tops. But mousey blondes don’t have it all good. It is time to put and end to mousey blondism. Perhaps Paris Hilton is suffering from mousey top discrimination ?

This is a link showing the extent to which derogatory remarks about mousey tops have got to.

members.tripod.com/~dizzys/Mousey.html

So please in all this discussion of red heads spare some thought for the mousey tops, they don’t have it easy either.

Now we can watch episodes of Pairs Hilton in the Prison Life!!!

Blondism is far worse than racism as racism is the dislike or hatred of people due to nothing bu t the colour of their skin whereas Blondism is the pure and simple discrimination of stupid people, which isn’t fair. Stupid people all have a role in the world such as in politics and local transportation departments, as well as filling placements hair salons and as shop assistants.

So, why are there no ‘dumb’ blonds in Taiwan’s shops and hair salons then? There are plenty stupid people in politics here … maybe that makes a balance …

There are plenty of dumb blondes in Taiwan’s shops and hair salons. Dumb Taiwanese girls dye their hair blonde. And then insert lavender blue contacts in their eyes.

That’s funny, I was sure this thread would contain a link to the following, from yesterday’s NYT (guess the OP must be a dumb brunette):

[quote]Despite the Dumb Jokes, Stereotypes May Reflect Some Smart Choices

A quick Web search identifies thousands of jokes about dumb blondes, this one among them: A married couple were awakened by a call at 2 a.m. The wife, a blonde, picked up the phone, listened a moment and said, “How should I know, that’s 200 miles from here!” and hung up. Her husband asked, “Who was that?” She replied, “I don’t know; some woman wanting to know if the coast is clear.”

There are almost as many jokes poking fun at the supposed mental deficiencies of athletes. Two offensive linemen in a rented boat catch an unusually large number of trout in a secluded cove. As they start back to the marina, one reaches over with his felt-tip pen and marks an X on the starboard bow. “I want to make sure we can find this spot again tomorrow,” he explained. “Idiot,” his friend replied, “what makes you think we’ll get the same boat?”

Since there is no persuasive evidence that blondes and athletes are less intelligent than others, such jokes pose a puzzle. Where do the underlying stereotypes come from? Definitive answers remain elusive, but an armchair economic analysis suggests some intriguing possibilities.

Let’s begin with the dumb blonde stereotype, which proves especially puzzling in light of what economists know about the dynamics of the informal market for marriage partners. Notwithstanding minor cultural differences, there is broad agreement on the characteristics that define an attractive partner. Most people, for example, prefer partners who are kind, honest, loyal, healthy, intelligent and physically attractive. And in Western countries, at least, blondness is viewed as a positive characteristic in women. The upshot, according to a recent paper by two sociologists, Satoshi Kanazawa of the London School of Economics and Jody L. Kovar of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, is that blondes should actually be more intelligent, on average, than others.

Their claim follows from four plausible propositions. The first two concern differences in the weights used by men and women when evaluating the desirability of potential partners: (1) men generally place greater emphasis on looks; (2) women generally place greater emphasis on income and status. The point is not that men don’t care about a woman’s income or status, or that women don’t care about a man’s appearance. Rather, it is that the relative strengths of these concerns differ for men and women. The authors cite extensive evidence in support of both claims.

Their third and fourth propositions also appear to be solid: (3) more-intelligent men tend to achieve higher income and status; (4) both intelligence and physical attractiveness are traits with significant inheritable components. If the first three propositions are true, it follows logically that relatively attractive women will pair up disproportionately with relatively intelligent men. And if both beauty and intelligence are inheritable, then the offspring of such unions will tend to display above-average values of both traits.

In short, the hypothesis that beauty and brains go together does not appear far-fetched. (No one ever claimed life is fair.) By similar reasoning, if gentlemen prefer blondes, fair-haired women should pair more often with intelligent, more successful men, and since hair color is at least weakly inheritable, a positive correlation should also emerge between blondness and intelligence. . . [/quote]
nytimes.com/2007/06/07/busin … ref=slogin

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]That’s funny, I was sure this thread would contain a link to the following, from yesterday’s NYT (guess the OP must be a dumb brunette):

[quote]Despite the Dumb Jokes, Stereotypes May Reflect Some Smart Choices

A quick Web search identifies thousands of jokes about dumb blondes, this one among them: A married couple were awakened by a call at 2 a.m. The wife, a blonde, picked up the phone, listened a moment and said, “How should I know, that’s 200 miles from here!” and hung up. Her husband asked, “Who was that?” She replied, “I don’t know; some woman wanting to know if the coast is clear.”

There are almost as many jokes poking fun at the supposed mental deficiencies of athletes. Two offensive linemen in a rented boat catch an unusually large number of trout in a secluded cove. As they start back to the marina, one reaches over with his felt-tip pen and marks an X on the starboard bow. “I want to make sure we can find this spot again tomorrow,” he explained. “Idiot,” his friend replied, “what makes you think we’ll get the same boat?”

Since there is no persuasive evidence that blondes and athletes are less intelligent than others, such jokes pose a puzzle. Where do the underlying stereotypes come from? Definitive answers remain elusive, but an armchair economic analysis suggests some intriguing possibilities.

Let’s begin with the dumb blonde stereotype, which proves especially puzzling in light of what economists know about the dynamics of the informal market for marriage partners. Notwithstanding minor cultural differences, there is broad agreement on the characteristics that define an attractive partner. Most people, for example, prefer partners who are kind, honest, loyal, healthy, intelligent and physically attractive. And in Western countries, at least, blondness is viewed as a positive characteristic in women. The upshot, according to a recent paper by two sociologists, Satoshi Kanazawa of the London School of Economics and Jody L. Kovar of Indiana University of Pennsylvania, is that blondes should actually be more intelligent, on average, than others.

Their claim follows from four plausible propositions. The first two concern differences in the weights used by men and women when evaluating the desirability of potential partners: (1) men generally place greater emphasis on looks; (2) women generally place greater emphasis on income and status. The point is not that men don’t care about a woman’s income or status, or that women don’t care about a man’s appearance. Rather, it is that the relative strengths of these concerns differ for men and women. The authors cite extensive evidence in support of both claims.

Their third and fourth propositions also appear to be solid: (3) more-intelligent men tend to achieve higher income and status; (4) both intelligence and physical attractiveness are traits with significant inheritable components. If the first three propositions are true, it follows logically that relatively attractive women will pair up disproportionately with relatively intelligent men. And if both beauty and intelligence are inheritable, then the offspring of such unions will tend to display above-average values of both traits.

That conflicts totally with the latest study that says there is not even a correlation let alone a significant difference between IQ and wealth!
In short, the hypothesis that beauty and brains go together does not appear far-fetched. (No one ever claimed life is fair.) By similar reasoning, if gentlemen prefer blondes, fair-haired women should pair more often with intelligent, more successful men, and since hair color is at least weakly inheritable, a positive correlation should also emerge between blondness and intelligence. . . [/quote]
nytimes.com/2007/06/07/busin … ref=slogin[/quote]

Also, are they talking about mousy tops or real blondes ? Many mousey topped girls dye thier hair blonde as they find mousey toppism very boring and prefer to be a dyed blonde or red head.

I would say however that many of the Danish blondes I met when younger were very intelligent. Not sure about the mousey tops though :slight_smile:

The study above also totally conflicts with the latest scientific study on IQ. It shows there is not correlation between IQ and wealth!

Whoever wrote that article was most certainly blond with a spell checker and a kind editor.

A blond woman got sick of being the brunt of everyone’s jokes, so one day she died her hair brunette and went for a drive to relax. She had driven for a while when she turned a corner and found the entire road blocked by a heard of sheep. She stopped the car and got out to see what appeared to be hundreds of her favorite animal. Excited as she was, she approached the farmer herding the sheep and asked him “If I can guess how many sheep you have here, can I have one to keep?” The bewildered farmer with a look of disbelief all over his face agreed. The Blond replied “Errrr…two hundred and forty seven!”
The farmer’s jaw dropped in disbelief that this woman could have so accurately guessed exactly how many sheep he was herding and to hold up his end of the deal, offered her the pick of any sheep she fancied.
The blond had a long careful look at the herd as she wanted to find the cutest, most lively pick of them to take home and adore and after a while she found one, picked it up and put it in her car.
The still stunned farmer roamed up to her car and bent down to speak to her as she was about to drive away and asked her “Lady!” “If I can guess your natural hair colour correctly, then could I have my dog back?”

Blonds! Tut! tut!