Is gingerism as bad as racism?

What about beaten like a red-haired step-child? That sounds Amurkin to me.

In Australia gingers are traditionally called “blue”, for their inevitable blue eyes I suspect.

HG

Hmm, I believe green-eyed gingas are more socially tolerated, in the UK. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Hang on, that was my personal rationalisation for that piece of slang developed as a wee child.

And so I went hunting.

I must have mised that memo also.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]

In Australia gingers are traditionally called “blue”, for their inevitable blue eyes I suspect.

HG[/quote]
That is spot-on!
Signed,
TheBlueMan
:cookie:

By brits, we must infer that you actually mean the Angles, or their nefarious Saxon fiendlings. It’s quite obvious that Gingers are favorably received in the Norse culural lexigraph, so we can’t really blame the Norsemen. Perhaps a revisit to the Roman sphere might reveal some cause for the imbedded sassenach loathing of The Gingers, Inc.

You mean gingas are rilly Eyetalians?

Gingerism, eh? That’s great fuel for when I go back to the PC wasteland. I’m no longer just another white dude. As a carrot-top, I’m suddenly a member of an oppressed minority. Give me the job or I’ll scream “gingerism” and lodge a human rights complaint. :laughing:

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]
I have never heard of anti-redhead sentiment in the U.S. (and we don’t use the term “ginger” either, do we?), [/quote]

Thats because you’re too busy giving crap to other races

Maybe we could compare this to teasing of / discrimination against fat people, which obviously exists. (Look up “hogging” on Wikipedia if you don’t already know what it is!) Not a race, or even a handicap (well, usually–remember that woman who was so fat that she had to sit on her couch until her flesh grew into it?), but also a visible marker which is not chosen, or easily changed.

I would say the best comparison in Taiwan is the teasing of darker skinned Chinese ny lighter skinned Taiwanese.

In Taiwan Chinese people who have a tan are teased. I’d say at a guess it is about the same level as that. Anyway according to the article being red headed is sexualy selected of. So look out as there will be more and more and more of them!

[quote=“Tyc00n”][quote=“cfimages”]

In fact, because I was good at most sports, which in Australia counts for a lot, I probably got teased less than a lot of others.
[/quote]

What is it with red-headed-rat-rooters, being good at sport?[/quote]

Red-headed-rat-rooters. Damn, I haven’t heard that name in a long time. It was always one of my faves. :smiley:

The Primal Roots of Red Hair Revealed

Its science…it must be true!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]The Primal Roots of Red Hair Revealed

Its science…it must be true![/quote]

Tainan cowboy that is a very interesting link. I am interested in genetics etc as you probably know.

Thanks that is a good one.

Great stuff :bravo: