Is it fashionable?

IMHO, it’s ok to wear socks with sandals but it’s kind of weird to wear socks with pool slippers. :unamused: :slight_smile:

I wear sandals a lot when backpacking. But after a while, even the best sandals start to chafe. I’d MUCH rather wear socks with my sandals when chafing gets severe, than endure my skin being rubbed off. Who cares about fashion when your health is at stake? (In my case, who cares about fashion, period?)

I was going to say the same thing about not caring about fashion but I cared enough to open this thread. Anyway I come from a country were bare feet in summer beat whatever the trendy shoes are until you walk on the sand.

Are you from NZ? Or Australia? :wink:

Adidas sandals :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind the socks, you need :help: :help: :help:

Taiwanese Fashion

Adolescent Males:
-Thick black frame glasses
-“Fashionable” mullet hair cuts (may be fashionable but makes them look like rats)
-Constant scowl or look of disgust. Nothing is more badass than a scowling rat.
-Oversized t-shirts with incorrect Japanese or English.
-Basketball shorts or pre-faded jeans (vomit).

Adolescent Females:
-Shitty perms and bad orange colouring
-Mixtures of purple, red, aqua, green, black & white stripes and whatever colour they happen to like all mixed together. Three different colours max please.
-LV or gucci bags. LV bag is the mark of a poor person. A poor person spends all their money on an LV bag, so they can look rich, but after they’ve bought the bag they have no money left. And they look shitty, just like everyone else with the same bag. Zzzzzzzzzz.
-Heels or sneakers depending on if you want to look sexy or cute.

Forty-Something Males:
-Gay fashion
-Gay tote bag carried in a gay way. Which is fine, if they’re gay, but most of them aren’t, so they just look weird.

Forty-Something Females:
-“Designer” dress. BOOOORING
-That shitty perm that I hate, which starts off straight, then gets all curly. And orange. Yuck.
-Heels and “designer” bag. Already mentioned.

You don’t need to worry too much about fashion in Taiwan. Just wear whatever you want. Just do what I do - wear whatever you want, then tell yourself it’s cool, and if anyone asks why you’re wearing what you’re wearing, tell them it’s cool. Next week they’ll be wearing the same thing.

Wear your socks and sandals with pride.