Is it ok to bring in frozen, blended cooked food into Taiwan?

Is it ok to bring in frozen, blended cooked food into Taiwan? Would it help if there is no meat?

The bigger problem is how are you going to keep it frozen.

Here’s a rundown on what’s allowed or what’s not.

Frozen food might be a problem.

2 Likes

Aside from the temperature, that is fresh food, so not permitted. Note there is a specific checking location with scanner machines and sniffer dogs on arrival at the airport before you may go to border control

2 Likes

Check out the Taipei Customs regulations:

https://web.customs.gov.tw/etaipei/singlehtml/3396?cntId=1c1ab06901934524b5c7494c42251bf7#agricultural

1 Like

I think it depends exactly what it is. If it’s cooked, they seem to be OK with it as long as it has no meat in it. For whatever it’s worth: I got pounced on for a bag of peanuts in my hand luggage, but because they were roasted, that was fine. Their basic criterion seems to be: can this item reproduce or spread disease? They seem fairly reasonable at the checking station, so I don’t think you’re going to be fined ONE MILLION DOLLARS as long as your item clearly isn’t on the banned list, and if there’s some ambiguity they give you the benefit of the doubt and just take the item away (but that probably depends on who you get, so YMMV). Disclaimer: purely my opinion, based on personal experience.

Incidentally, frozen food should stay frozen in a suitcase for a few hours as long as you pack it in some insulation. I’ve done this many times.

1 Like

Seems like a big risk. Might possibly be ok if it’s a proper sealed package, unopened, by a proper company and doesn’t contain certain scary ingredients like pork.

Even if you do take the chance, declare it. The fine won’t be little these days.

1 Like