Is it okay to send my employment contract to a business I want to buy something from?

Hi. I just want to ask if its safe to send employment contract to someone? I am planning to get an installment plan in forwardmall (an online shop) and their requirements are: ARC, passport, first page of employment contract, latest payslip, and an ID from my home country. Is this even legit? I am just wondering why they need all of those.

Hope someone can give me some advice. This my first time getting installment online.

Thanks in advance.

it is very unusual. copy of ARC makes sense, but all the rest is too much.

2 Likes

Looks like they are taking a risk by selling on installment plans. You’re probably paying a premium on the price. Consider saving up for whatever you are buying instead.

2 Likes

It makes sense because they need to know if the buyer will be employed for the duration of the installment plan.

1 Like

ARC tells the company : your name, address, country of origin, if you are employed and how long you will be in TW (if your ARC only has 9 months lefts, allowing 12 installments doesnt make sense )
asking for contracts and documentation from home country is a little too much (at least for me).

1 Like

that’s what I thought also, ARC can provide all the necessary details

with all those requirements I think I will just save money to buy.

1 Like

If they “need” proof that you’re employed and don’t consider a payslip sufficient, ask your employer to provide you with a 在職證明書. If they won’t accept that, they’re stranger than I am – and that’s saying something. :flying_saucer:

5 Likes

Try to get a credit card and use that one instead of merchant-offered installments. See Esun Bank Credit Card isn't a credit card at all! - if you want to use it for financing stuff, you will need one that doesn’t require payment in full.

Otherwise, I would second the suggestion of saving up first - interest is no joke.

2 Likes

wow… I really am thinking about getting a credit card, thanks for the suggestion!

Since you mentioned Esun, is it easy getting a credit card there? I can’t speak mandarin well.

Unfortunately, this varies a lot by branch and luck. But if you’re jumping through all the hoops to get that installment plan, you can probably try to apply for one too.

1 Like