Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

Hmmmm.
Tom Hanks has coronavirus.
Tom Hanks starred in The Terminal.

I see a crossover movie series here.

1 Like

Arrivals and departures are on different floors and there is a checkpoint between. Someone trying to pass the checkpoint from departures to arrivals will get a lot of attention. No common reason for anyone but staff.

The plane might not depart without you, will have to report, people will be searching…

Guys check FB Foreigner in Taiwan groups. They are making noise about this. I bet if like 10 of you get together and go to NIA/BOCA together, you will get extensions based on force majeure.

Biggus is in no need of an extension.

1 Like

Yes, you don´t, but you are also recommending people to get an extension. That is the logical and safest way.

Guys, BOCA is now telling people to bite the bullet and pay the fine and stay, don´t travel. That is a possibility but not a pretty one,a s you could be banned altogether when this is over. So gang up, get together, make noise. Ask politely but firmly. They did this for 911.

The people who want to come in must prove they have a reason to, like business or something, so prepare paperwork. And hurry. Things are changing rapidly.

1 Like

What kinda extensions are being denied?
I am from UK so I should be able to get an extension for 3 months, will that be denied too?

UK has special deal with Taiwan, so I guess not.

Well I hope not cos I only have 3 weeks left lol

1 Like

Same… Well. 2 weeks. I’m goin there now to apply for the extention

1 Like

Wow, all non-nationals are prohibited from entering? What about those with ARC/APRCs?

Was heading to the airport right now for OKA same-day-return today but going back home now. Do not want to be stranded at TPE tonight. My visa extempt is good until April 6th, hope they figure something out until then.

I hope you have some good news for us.

If one is here on visa-exempt entry, there IS no visa to be extended.
However, as @Icon points out, this situation surely counts as a force majeure, and “exemption” extensions may [or may not] be granted…

2 Likes

Hence, your username :eggplant: (sorry, couldn’t resist).

1 Like

Neither could I.

1 Like

What’s the fine for overstays these days? Couldn’t you just stay and pay a fine and get a stamp when you eventually leave (at a more convenient time)? That seems like a safer option that getting stuck in quarantine lines.

1 Like

In 2018 I accidentally overstayed my visa by a couple days (stupidly thinking of three months instead of 90 days). I was forced to pay a fine and lost my visa-exempt status for a year, thus I needed a traditional travel visa anytime I wanted to go to Taiwan during that year.

Overstay fine:

• 1-10 days: NTD$2,000
  • 11-30 days: NTD$4,000
  • 31-60 days: NTD$6,000
  • 61-90 days: NTD$8,000
  • over 91days: NTD$10,000
1 Like

I just applied for the 90 day visa exempt extension as a British citizen, the lady didn’t say anything other than after quickly checking over the documents I provided saying to come pick up my passport on Tuesday. Hopefully no issues!

3 Likes

People need to hope that Force Majeure is invoked.

1 Like