Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

Do you think theres any room for discussing my overstay problem? I mean if im handing them my passport im not goin to catch the flight i have booked tomorrow so its one of the other i would like to be as sure about it as i can

I have no idea, sorry dude.

ah okay, thanks for that

I’m really not sure…I was questioned by the person behind the desk only once. It was more like a comment…she said something like “you come to Taiwan quite frequently” when she saw all the entry stamps in my passport. I was like “yeah…”… and that was it.

Maybe you should go to BOCA as soon as they open…

China Airlines says they don’t have a return flight from Guam tomorrow, but Travelgenio (which I’ve never heard of) makes no mention of this. I’m afraid of burning more money. Damn you, shite virus!

Where’s a list of what countries are at what level?

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/En/Bulletin/Detail/gBGjEbWKMdBCJyInDsa3uQ?typeid=158

This is the latest announcement of Level 3 countries. Level 2 is pretty much everywhere else I guess.

Thanks

I had a really shitty experience with Travelgenio; when an airline stopped running flights to Stockholm, they just stuck me on a flight to Paris without any notification. Be careful.

They tried to nickel and dime me with seven or eight different insurance scams on the way to the payment page. I kept thinking if it turns out the flight isn’t available as I suspect, there shouldn’t be an issue giving me a refund. But then I figured they’d screw me since I didn’t buy one of their extras.

So forget it! I won’t go freakin anywhere! Let’s see what smoldering options present themselves in three weeks.

2 Likes

Ok, after a lot of deliberation, we’ve decided to go through with the visa run. As long as we get back before the 19th we should be able to get in visa-exempt, from my understanding. We will have to do the home quarantine but we are prepared for that. Hopefully it all goes well. I’ll post back with how it goes.

1 Like

Good luck. Are you from UK of Canada?

Thanks. I’m from USA, and my wife is from Canada.

Looking at the flights I’m kinda tempted to jump on one to Okinawa now :rofl:

Is it possible to just skip the plane ride for a visa run? That is, go through the Taiwan immigration exit at the airport to get to the departure gates, and then find your way to re-enter immigration to enter Taiwan? Does that count for resetting your visa free duration?

I don’t think so.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m really getting nervous doing this trip. I really hope it won’t be an issue to get back in.

:point_up_2:
you will have an issue

Some of forumosans may have a meet up on the plane today.

2 Likes

I can’t believe they’re not being offered a visa extension. This is truly nuts.

As a poster said earlier, perhaps the authorities are betting on them not being able to get back in. At some point we’re going to have people stuck in airports as countries refuse to accept them.