Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

Are these available to download somewhere?

I would tell the truth, i.e. coronavirus situation, afraid to fly, etcā€¦ make sure that she has proof that she can support herself financially. I find that having a recent ATM cash withdrawal receipt and the ATM card you used help a lot. Based on my experience, the person behind the desk always made copy of the receipt of the receipt and the card.

2 Likes

did u ever overstay? i was doing the visa extension form but there was one question that asked if you had ever over stayed or worked illegally. over stayed yes, worked illegally no, and i donā€™t fancy ticking yes that i did either. so i have a bit of a problem with it.

1 Like

Itā€™s a form you have to complete online and print it out. Itā€™s on the BOCA website: General Visa Application

Iā€™ve never overstayedā€¦ I believe they take away your visa-exempt privilege when you overstay?

for one year only. iā€™m just thinking its a bit of a trick question to force me to say i worked illegally when i did notā€¦

what is actually changing on the 19th? i have a ticket for a visa run to okinawa on the 20th and was planning to come back in with visa exempt. i donā€™t mind doing a quarantine at home. can anyone confirm one way or the other whether this is possible?

Guam is still an available option for a Visa run, though not every day and not cheap either. USA entry requirements apply of course.

thanks. i can definitely manage at least two out of three

Starting on the 19th, you need to have a visa to enter Taiwan if youā€™re coming from a level-3 country (Japan will become level 3 starting on the 19th)ā€¦

1 Like

Yes, I knowā€¦ but Iā€™d still answer yes if I were you.

sure, i mean i have no choice its just a bit of a bloody stitch up

Soā€¦ adjusting the title of this thread, is it possible to do a 1.5 hour turnaround in Guam?

Is there a special extension form, this just seems to be a normal visa application?

Just the regular visa application form.

Thank you :slight_smile:

is it straight forward? will they let you know there and then if you got it? any discussion to it? obviously iā€™m not so sure about that overstay part.

Theyā€™ll keep ur passport and let u know within a week usually. Prob a bit later now due to the high number of applicants.

Based on my experience, itā€™s very straightforward:

1. Fill out the form online and print it out
  2. Gather all the required docs and print them outā€¦ as I said in a previous post, having a cash withdrawal receipt seems to helpā€¦ also, make a copy of your passport
  3. Take everything to BOCA and head to the visa counter
  4. Take a number and wait (shorter wait early in the morning)
  5. Hand the form and the docs to the person behind the desk. He/she will check the docs to make sure that everything is in orderā€¦
  6. He/she gives you a receipt and tell you to pick up your passport in 5 days
1 Like

I live in my boyfriends house and I work online.