Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

If you’re returning from a level-3 country, I believe you must obtain a visa before you enter Taiwan.

1 Like

Do you have a link to a site with the categories of countries so I can decide which is easiest to visit? I had a look but can’t find one.

Also I think I’m going blind as I can’t see where it says visa exempt is now cancelled and a visa is required?

Someone posted this on another forum: https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Bulletin/Detail/xV4LAkpWhR9DYeEASDEmNQ?typeid=9

I can’t find an English version of this bulletin though.

2 Likes

Someone posted this on another forum: https://tw.appledaily.com/life/20200317/RPDUKE2CZZX3H2QV4MWRUC2BZY/

1 Like

I see, thanks for the info. I guess ill need to find a different country which isn’t so high on the list to visit and come back from

Strength in numbers!

Dress nicely. Be polite. Make puppy eyes.

2 Likes

Give the translators a couple of hours.

@Incarcerated try calling the office in Okinawa directly. or head to NIA.

NIA or BOCA?

Last time I got my extension I went to BOCA, I’ll try giving them and NIA a call tomorrow when they are open.
I don’t think calling Okinawa would help? Wouldn’t it be better to speak to immigration here in Taiwan to get a better picture of what’s going on around here?

TBH, in the good old days it was NIA the one you begged for mercy/an extension. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Please keep us posted.

1 Like

I see. I applied for my extension at BOCA and have never been to the NIA office.

Anyways, same principle of force majeure/puppy eyes applies.

1 Like

my gf called for me, they said visa waiver is still happening. you just need to do self quarantine. which was effective for the new asian places from 4 o clock today, i was also thinking about getting a flight that arrived back before 00:00 march 19th but no point.

We didn’t apply yet, we wanted to get an extension together or do the visa run together. But now with the new developments, we might give it a shot.

came to the same conclusion… so i bought a ticket for tomorrow and an hour after i bought it they changed the rest of asia to level 3. nice.

1 Like

Will be easy to check the Visa Run passengers to Okinawa tomorrow…those checking in with no baggage … and looking nervous.

1 Like

We bought tickets too. Now it doesn’t seem safe to go, since we’d come back as visa-exempt.

1 Like

Since your wife is Canadian, she should be able to get an extension…she may want to fill out the form and bring all the required docs with her when she talks to BOCA though. As for you, I’m really not sure… as @Icon said, puppy dog eyes… big time!

What reason should she write for applying for the extension? I don’t think travelling around Taiwan now is a good reason! :laughing: