Is it possible to do a 1.5 hour visa run at Naha Airport (OKA)?

A bar that’s likely to be empty as most of the foreigners in Cambodia – Chinese – have GTFO’ed.

Just pray that when the time comes for them to start the engines, that they do come to life. Just imagine landing at 00:05 on the 19th.

1 Like

Yeah. Now I’m considering not going. Seems too risky.

Would it make much of a difference? Don’t you need to isolate for 2 weeks regardless of if it’s level 3 or 2?

Dude on another thread says visa-exempts peeps won’t be allowed in from Level-3 countries. Unless you get a visa. I don’t see them handing out visas if that’s the case. I have three and a half weeks before my 90 is up. Maybe by then there will be no planes in the sky at all. Problem solved.

1 Like

That happened to a friend after 911. There were simply no planes flying where he wanted to go. He presented his case to NIA, extension granted.

1 Like

Guam maybe?

EDIT!!! (Apparently I don’t read headlines :roll_eyes:, sorry)
Effective 19th: No more visa runs to Japan or Philippines, guys… (And more countries)

1 Like

What the link is?

f :banana:k. guess i won’t be the only one pleading with them for an extension at the immigration agency tomorrow

1 Like

Please let us know how it goes…

yeah will do

This doesn’t say no more visa runs, just says if you go to these countries you must self quarantine for 2 weeks when you get back to Taiwan

2 Likes

But you won’t be able to enter Taiwan without a visa on/after March 19.

I’ll be trying too at the Kaohsiung branch. Was supposed to go back to the UK for 4 months, but I don’t want to put my parents at risk (and I sure as hell aren’t staying self isolated in a house with them for all that time, haha)

Are you guys going to the NIA or the BOCA offices? Or are they the same?

If you’ve been to a Level 3 location, oui.

The only source I’ve found in English is on the BOCA website, from early Feb, when only China/ HK/ Macau were Level 3.

I’m just going to the place listed on the document, not sure what they are classified as:

3.1 Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 3rd Fl., 2-2 Ji-nan Rd., Sec. 1, Taipei City
Tel: (02) 2343-2866; (02) 2343-2867

3.2 Central Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 1st Fl., No. 503, Sec. 2, Li-ming Rd., Taichung City
Tel: (04) 2251-0799

3.3 Southwestern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 2 Fl, No.184, Wufeng North Rd, Chiayi city
Tel: (05) 225-1567

3.4 Southern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 3rd & 4th FL.,No. 6, Zhengnan St., Kaohsiung City
Tel: (07) 715-6600

3.5 Eastern Taiwan Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 6Fl., No. 371, Zhong-shan Rd., Hualien City
Tel: (03) 833-1041

Ok, that’s the BOCA office where I applied for an extension in December.

From any country? I guess this includes visa exemption such as Canada and UK citizens too?