Is it safe? (HK Gig)

Remake of a Dustin Hoffman movie?

@Toe_Save

You will have to undergo testing at the airport before you are allowed to leave, it takes all in all about 10-11h to leave the airport(2h to get the test administered, 8-9h to get the results)

While you wait for the test you’ll be sitting on a wooden chair socially distanced from everyone else in a gigantic hall at the Asia world expo centre.

You’ll get 1 sandwich(like the ones at 711) and a room temperatured tea while waiting.

They got wifi at the place you wait, but slow and some sites don’t work

After all of the above you still got quarantine.

1 Like

Here’s a pic from the test result waiting area

2 Likes

Sweet free food!

Honestly, it is a war zone and unstable. I do not see why one should visit anyplace under a dictatorship. In an authoritarian regime, you do not have the luxury of time to complain.

3 Likes

Time to get decked out in the merch when going. @Toe_Save :grin:

5 Likes

The redness is blinding!

1 Like

This will be more fun

7 Likes

Someone already got arrested for that in Hong Kong. New security law regulations.

5 Likes

So, as much of a bucketlister this gig reps (scuba+acting). I have my answer.

They are still in pre-production and won’t be making any casting decisions for a few more months. But unless the pendulum somehow manages to swing waaaay the other way…it stays on the to do list.

Thanks everyone.

1 Like

The coming autumn and winter may be better times ahead but with the pandemic still in season who knows what more will come hk’s way as demonstrated in the past year of political protests, pandemic and now Hk national security law with extraterritoriality minus freedoms.

Hk is definitely on the path to perdition.

For a Taiwan t shirt?

1 Like

Taiwan flag, but that Tshirt has a flag on it. Pretty close.

3 Likes

Papillon?

Or plastic?

We never going to see it’s really you with the mask and breathing apparatus! How about the lines you have, is it a full face mask so you can actually talk?

Maybe they move and shoot it in Taiwan.

They can say it’s a KMT t-shirt, compatriots of the CCP.