Is it wrong if all I want is a sex buddy?

[quote=“James651”]
Don’t really understand what’s the difference between a sex buddy and someone who’s your SO? Somebody clarify![/quote]

Strings, man, it’s all about the strings.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“James651”]
Don’t really understand what’s the difference between a sex buddy and someone who’s your SO? Somebody clarify![/quote]

Strings, man, it’s all about the strings.[/quote]

Aww man, I should’ve known that, looks like for the moment I have an IQ less than that of Paris Hilton

[quote=“Ivanchenko”]It occured to me that the woman that I’m with is only using me as a sex buddy. This is fine with me, since that’s also how I feel.
[/quote]

Is it one of those, “I’m finished, you can leave now” sex buddy relationships or do you actually have to talk?

[quote]I’m just wondering if this is morally wrong. When we go out together, which is quite rare, we just tell our friends that we’re girlfriend/boyfriend.
[/quote]

If you two just see each other as sex buddies, why do you need to tell others you’re boyfriend/girlfriend? Are you two also seeing others as well? Or deep in side this is just an unfulfilling boyfriend/girlfreind relationship?

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“James651”]

Strings, man, it’s all about the strings.[/quote]

You’re obviously a guitar player…

Wow these are some very good questions that lead to the self-awareness necessary to have a mature stable long-term relationship.

Don’t listen to them man.

There is absolutely nothing wrong to being committed to a non-committed sexually fulfilling relationship.

I was in one of these relationships for a few months last year. Then I realised that I actually don’t like being used as a bunk buddy every weekend and a convenient place to sleep while she comes to party in town. So, I just let it end.

Funny thing is, I always thought I would enjoy that kind of non fettered sexual relationship where neither partner expects anything (except sex) from each other. It was interesting to realise that it wasn’t what I wanted or desired.

Ah well. At least I’ve tried it once. However, if it works for you, good luck with that…

Without inviting God into the conversation, speaking to the morality of what you’re doing makes for a very complex subject.

Reasons it could be morally unsound:
[ul][li]She wants more than just sex, but doesn’t know how to ask for it.[/li]
[li]You are keeping each other from a more solid relationship.[/li][/ul]
Hmm, that’s all I can think of.

Basically, you must be sure that is all she wants and that she is mature enough to know what is good for her.

Of course, if you invited God into the conversation he would have something to say on the matter.

What would God say? Is God interested in talking about sex?

I’ve personally only ever met one person who said he talked to God. That was on Yonge Street in Toronto in 1987. He said that God told him that the world would end in 1988, 40 years after the creation of the modern state of Israel.

The world didn’t end, but I’m guessing it may have for him.

[quote=“puiwaihin”] Reasons it could be morally unsound:
[list]She wants more than just sex, but doesn’t know how to ask for it.
.[/quote]

I am beggining to suspect that’s the case… how do I know for sure that’s
the case? I dont’ want to ruin what we have now… but I also don’t want
her to have a false sense of hope…

Thanks!

[quote=“Ivanchenko”][quote=“puiwaihin”] Reasons it could be morally unsound:
[list][*]She wants more than just sex, but doesn’t know how to ask for it.
.[/quote]

I am beggining to suspect that’s the case… how do I know for sure that’s
the case?[/quote]

You could ask her. I know it sounds crazy, but it just might work. :idunno:

:slight_smile:

Any concept of morality is cultural. With us, it’s Christian. 2000 years and we’ve forgotten Saint Paul vigorously tried to rid this world of the flesh. He believed it was the essence of paganism. We can even see in the Corinthians. Sex is kinda ok if you’re married, but it’s still better to abstain? What the? :slight_smile:

Chinese culture has it’s own reasons for being sexually repressed.

Ah well, look enough into psychology or cultural anthropology and you’ll find cultures which had sexual practices much different than what exists today. As for us, when we grow out of ourselves. Someday which we will not live to see. It will happen.

WTF,

I am so surprised when I read the purpose of this thread. Where the hell do you come from? Sounds to meyou are very keen of the kind of bloody hypocritical Christian vision of life that has dominated Western countries for centuries. Yeah! I love to fcuk this chick but hold on I am not sure because I might find a woman I want to get married to so probably I will use her to “wash the dishes”.

Mate, where have you been living for the last 20 years?

Maybe in here?:

BS.

If each of you is only having sex with each other then you aren’t sex buddies, you’re a couple who doesn’t live together and see each other only occasionally. But, if you each have sex with others, and/or in relationships with others but see each other solely for sex, then you have a sex buddy.
To me the idea of a sex buddy (I first heard the term in an episode of “Sex and the City” but they referred to them as f–k buddies) has merit. No one person can provide all the needs (physical, emotional, psychological) of another. A sex buddy can help. As long as both parties agree on the limits of the relationship and no one gets hurt, what’s the harm. But in my experience, getting and keeping that agreement is not easy.

“God gave men a brain and a penis, but only enough blood to use one at at a time.” - Robin Williams

Are you two also seeing others as well? Or deep in side this is just an unfulfilling boyfriend/girlfriend relationship?

Just wondering “how deep inside” actually?

I’m usually seen as more the more “moral” one in my group…

I won’t cross the street unless my light is green, I don’t speed, I don’t cheat on tests or skip… anything.

So, are sex buddies bad? No…

Sex has become too important a thing to many people of many cultures. But its not! Its just sex!

Yes, its wrong. Its dirty and its depraved.
God is watching and He will smite you down.
Sex is bad. You are already damned for even
thinking about it. Wipe that smirk off your face!
You’ll go blind! You should feel guilty!

Does it really matter if you’re having a good time and not hurting anyone???

The only people that think it’s immoral are the religious. And the Romans had the right idea with what to do to them. Remember the lions?

Nice one Toe Tag :smiley: